The "Good" SP1 thread

Are we really looking at different animals in the Trainz Zoo?

In the hospital they would say we stabilized the patient and he is in good condition and looking healthy.
Yes we have more or less the PC version working but it seems there could be quite a difference running a MAC.
Anyone out there has experience 57825 SP1 equivalent number for MAC and CMP is running well and safe?

Roy

Optimizing CM v3.7 clean up of 16.821 obsolete kuids

What is the secret keeping 16.800 uneven obselete kuids in CM v3.7.
running DBR cannot delete
running EDBR can delete but not deleted
what is the secret behind these inconsistencies and almost 10% of all kuids just sitting there?

thanks trainzers for your inside.

Roy

Has anyone noticed that, under the Content (spline) flyout the "Toggle Cars" button is gone and has been replaced by the "Straighten Spline" button? HURRAY!!! We've wanted that for a very long time. Now we don't have to pull out the Track flyout, use the straighten tool, and go back to the content (and wait) then the spline tab (and wait). Good Work!

Bill

Has anyone noticed that, under the Content (spline) flyout the "Toggle Cars" button is gone and has been replaced by the "Straighten Spline" button? HURRAY!!! We've wanted that for a very long time. Now we don't have to pull out the Track flyout, use the straighten tool, and go back to the content (and wait) then the spline tab (and wait). Good Work!

Bill

I hadn't noticed! That's great! My install of SP1 and the hotfix went fine, initial problems caused by my folder structure being incorrect.

I would like the red radius indicators on the trackmarks to be able to be toggled. Kings Cross is now just a big red blur!

Thanks to N3V, lots of good stuff in this patch.

Mick Berg.

Yeah. Toggle trackmark radius would have been a nice touch. Still, even having the radius shown is an improvement. I can sympathize about a huge yard, especially since the red haze almost completely obscures the name of the item. I've found that going into the mini-map and toggling 'trackside names' (or whatever it is) lets you see that the name is without the red haze.

Bill

My installation of SP1 and the Hotfix went smoothly. Before I installed SP1, I shut non-essential processes down, then exited out of Trend Micro. Started the update and went to bed. This morning, it was finished with no problems. Seems the post-installation EDR also went fine. Rebooted and then shut down the same processes as before. Hotfix installed in 10 minutes with no issues. Up and running with no problems. :)

Tony so happy you have people witness all the goodies

Yes i agree there are goodies to find if you look for them.
Like Dermmy posted Documentation lol.....

But like in the real world you see these days media focus more and more on the bad stories as they seem to interest the world more than the good things right?
I share my good and less good things as these less good ones are good too to learn from and change them into good ones.

Yesterday evening used CM v3.7 and it freezes on me several times dl stuff or just click anything to verify......
this morning again 3 times and not dl anything just click somewhere and even trainz surveyor freezed on me loosing my mornings work, who cares I agree.

EDBR 10 min or longer seems to be the temp solution till it froze again, so my temp solution is not use CM v3.7 unless really need too. sun shines outside will be again a nice day.

It is clear to me that CM is inconsistent and has more hidden trouble than one wishes for, which I posted already the first days I used SP1 still supporting and believing in the good of things and people.

have a nice week

Bookmarks improvement Goodie!

this needs a post a real good one the RMB on bookmarks allows now set,go to or clear! well done:mop:

SP1 with hot fix is working good here. I did a new install, installed my addons then did the SP1 install, used Trainz for a week then did the hot fix.

Havent ever tried multiplayer, so cant say about that. Just speaking from the ways I use trains, building, hauling, runnning AI, texturing, all that stuff .

Just installed SP1 + Hot fix. Did a extended database repair twice during the 2 patches. Everything seems to be A okay. :) :clap::Y:

I have installed my route that I was working on, pre patches, and it is working well in SP1. (I don't have third party content installed from off the DLS) Just pure built in content or content available on the DLS.

I have noticed a couple of bugs, (not related to my content, more to the game itself) but I am trying to reproduce them so I can notify N3V or Auran.

Regards

Last edited:
I just installed Hotfix 2 to TS2012SP1. Completed in just over ten minutes. Strange that it took almost five minutes to "check for disk availability to patch" though. I would have thought it would have taken around a second or two at the most. All advertised fixes (that affect me) have been addressed. I especially like the return of the "+" and "-" to the texture footprint size and the function keys for the flyouts. Well Done.

Bill

Back