Patching TS12 v. 49922 to v. 57720

Content manager doesn't allow viewing dependencies on all assets.

Some assets are "fails" but don't show as "fails" in Content Manager.

Harold

And no option to "turn off" locked junctions.

That's very unfortunate.:n:

"- Updated support for tunnels, bridges, power lines etc (splines)." - Does this include fixing the bug that prevents tracks with "istunnel" set from joining?

But I don't want to sound ungrateful, this looks like a monster effort. Thanks, N3V guys.

Mick Berg.

Last edited:
I'm getting a patch failed error "Existing file is damaged and cannot be patched: F:\Auran\TS12\bin\TETData\lists\smoke-mode.txt"

I noticed that particular file had a date of June 2012 which seem odd so I got a copy of the original dated 3 apr 2011 and replaced it but I got the same error again.

Smoke-mode.txt is just a text file with a list of smoke modes. The original had time, anim, speed and timeofday whereas the later version had a few more in there. I also discovered the file was read only so I unchecked that but still no joy.

It's a bit late here after taking three hours to download the patch so its going to be a tomorrow job. Maybe I'll delete/move the file and see if it still complains.

Any ideas?

Not really:Although annoying, that was not the main bug in my opinion.
The real bug was boards not merging together in a correct way, like with gaps as if they failed by 5m, textures going ugly and assets getting stuk.

Edit:
Here are some screenshots of what in my opinion was the real bug which I hope is fixed now:
Link 1, link 2, link 3. These are shots taken of the tutorial map after merging another relatively small route with it. Send those to the helpdesk in December.

That's not really a bug, it's a matter of weather the baseboard has the next grid set to the same height. I've noticed that you can kind of see this if you are "pasting" and run the box off the edge of the baseboard. If you paste height only to the visible edge you get a fall off, but if you past OVER the visible edge you don't. (this being in the next "phantom grid" over from the visible edge of the baseboard)

Ok, what just happened. I installed the patch in Admin, anti-v off, did a EDR two weeks ago, re-booted and now T12 will not start from start-up menu or from CMP, all I get is the new screen with the steamer on the bottom, then either my desktop appears or I am directed by to the CMP if I launch from there.

John

Yes I just did a EDR, it took all of 2 min!

How does one go about reverting back to 3.6

Last edited:
I cannot believe what I have found! Content Manager will not 'show dependencies' (greyed out) even on assets which I know have them.

Did a QDR but no difference. Surely this cannot have been missed by N3V, so there must be a fix for this.

Scottish

Hi

Since patching I am unable to access the S&C add on or the Murchison2 add on. In the options screen it says that the serial numbers for these are invalid so presumably that is why they don't show. They were both working fine before I patched it. It is a real problem as most of my sessions use S&C rolling stock in them. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

I've also noticed that sessions downloaded from the DLS can't be opened in Surveyor unless you clone them first. Presumably this is to keep them intact for multiplayer use but I often like to look at how a session has been put together to see if I can learn anything from how driver commands and rules have been used. It looks like I'll have to clone each session first before I can do this in future. It doesn't seem to apply to built in sessions though.

Regards

Brian

Well I immediately regret downloading this. The patcher aborted itself halfway in and gave me a nasty looking error. So I tried to start trainz and THIS thing pops up.

fb6cfeb08a867ce3a7bff0df059352ac.jpg

EDIT: I was able to launch CMP from the bin folder. Maybe a database repair will restore the issue.

Last edited:
Since patching I am unable to access the S&C add on or the Murchison2 add on. In the options screen it says that the serial numbers for these are invalid so presumably that is why they don't show. They were both working fine before I patched it. It is a real problem as most of my sessions use S&C rolling stock in them. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

I've also noticed that sessions downloaded from the DLS can't be opened in Surveyor unless you clone them first. Presumably this is to keep them intact for multiplayer use but I often like to look at how a session has been put together to see if I can learn anything from how driver commands and rules have been used. It looks like I'll have to clone each session first before I can do this in future. It doesn't seem to apply to built in sessions though.

Regards

Brian

my murchison not aviable. i got some build routes but all murchison content not aviable.

--some models no longer aviable, locs from murchison2 too.

REGARDS

Just did an Extended Database Repair; didn't see much more broken than was already broke. Nor did I notice anything wrong with my partially built route. I think I'm go for the 'hotfix' when it arrives.

my murchison not aviable. i got some build routes but all murchison content not aviable.

--some models no longer aviable, locs from murchison2 too.

REGARDS

Did you receive any updates for the Murchison or S&C? I'm applying some patches to those versions now right within the launcher.

You might want to go back and check for updates again to these and see if this helps.

John

Well I immediately regret downloading this. The patcher aborted itself halfway in and gave me a nasty looking error. So I tried to start trainz and THIS thing pops up.

(Pic removed so not to repeat it in response)

EDIT: I was able to launch CMP from the bin folder. Maybe a database repair will restore the issue.

If you received an error like this, then Trainz surely won't launch. I doubt an EDR will repair this.

I suggest you backup your User Data folder. Uninstall Trainz and reapply the patch to the install. Once this is done, import your content using Content Manager.

John

If you received an error like this, then Trainz surely won't launch. I doubt an EDR will repair this.

I suggest you backup your User Data folder. Uninstall Trainz and reapply the patch to the install. Once this is done, import your content using Content Manager.

John

I have clean install of T12 on another drive, what parts of the installation do I need to transfer to my present T12 location to make it run.

Thanks,
John

Yeah, I'm possibly gonna stay away from this one until they sort the sneaky bugs out.

Seems like the Treez pack, SnC, Murch 2 and Cabon City there serials became invalid after hte update. Making the content locked and not available.

Seems like the Treez pack, SnC, Murch 2 and Cabon City there serials became invalid after hte update. Making the content locked and not available.

See my TS12 SP1 bugs thread in the TS12 forum for the answer to this, given by ianwoodmore (that is also the thread where I want bug reports to go).

Shane

EDIT: Can I get users who have found a bug to read and post in my TS12 SP1 Bugs Thread please (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?100452-TS12-SP1-Bugs-Thread).

Last edited:
Back