Patching TS12 v. 49922 to v. 57720

steamboateng

This is a MONSTER patch! I'm running an i7 quad-core CPU at close to 4 GHz clock speed, and the patch still took about 63 minutes to complete. (It downloaded in under 10 min.)I opened TS12 and see a few new splash screens. It was also able to update content which previously wouldn't upload. As I am only route building now, I can't comment on operations. Sure looks purty, guys!

Hmm, seeing the thread in the announcement section, I think I'll wait until they resolve the coupling issue that raised its ugly head after its release.

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

Ditto. I have a new Trainz only SSD coming in a few days and will have to do a reinstall anyway so I might as well wait. I also want to see if the update impacts 3rd Party Content at all.

Tell me this, before I download. Is the bell problem fixed yet? N3v doesn't ever seem to acknowledge this issue.

Merge bug fix is now listed.
Not really:
Crash to desktop when merging routes is fixed.
Although annoying, that was not the main bug in my opinion.
The real bug was boards not merging together in a correct way, like with gaps as if they failed by 5m, textures going ugly and assets getting stuk.

Edit:
Here are some screenshots of what in my opinion was the real bug which I hope is fixed now:
Link 1, link 2, link 3. These are shots taken of the tutorial map after merging another relatively small route with it. Send those to the helpdesk in December.

Last edited:
Not really:Although annoying, that was not the main bug in my opinion.
The real bug was boards not merging together in a correct way, like with gaps as if they failed by 5m, textures going ugly and assets getting stuk.

May well have been all part of the same problem, may not, most of us never even got that far. Only one way to find out I guess.

Added a few comments on the announcement but will repeat here.

No mention of a fix to splines unhooking at fixed objects after you save and return to the route later in Surveyor.
Nothing to eliminate the 0.2m gap between spline point and terrain.

Integrated DLC sounds like a poor man's Railworks/Steam - so long as this can be switched off as there is a very good reason for excluding payware from the development machine, where I only use built in or DLS assets.

In CM that is a Quick Database Repair. Makes sure your assets and your database matches.

Found under the Files menu area in CM.

Added a few comments on the announcement but will repeat here.

No mention of a fix to splines unhooking at fixed objects after you save and return to the route later in Surveyor.
Nothing to eliminate the 0.2m gap between spline point and terrain.

Integrated DLC sounds like a poor man's Railworks/Steam - so long as this can be switched off as there is a very good reason for excluding payware from the development machine, where I only use built in or DLS assets.

Nearly got caught with that on my development setup, as it starts to download before you can get to the options screen, I cancelled them all then disabled the updating, used enough of my Data cap downloading the patch.

Incidentally starting Fraps while in game wiped out all the Speedtrees apart from some monstrous large Red one that kept popping up all over the place??? Starting Fraps before Trainz seems to be OK though.

Patch was pretty much as per the book, no problems there apart fom Windows Firewall trying to block TadDaemon on updating database - one to watch, just allow it.

Game Loading, which pretty fast on an SSD anyway seems even faster. No broken, faulty assets or missing dependencies in my Development copy either and seems all my own stuff has survived the patch without any problems.

What's the color symbolism on the Routes Menu? Mine are green, all TS12 routes, save one are yellow, and one is white!
I also came up with over 1300 errors and 0 warnings on the QDR.

Back