Any idea of this problem

alloco

Hello Me Again Just this one more problem i am having with a London Underground tunnel

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Warning: Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Required tag 'width' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'black.tga' for texture file 'black.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'start/black.tga' for texture file 'start/black.texture.txt'.

If anyone knows how to solve it then please tell me

I thank if you right click on the asset go down to EDIT then to OPEN IN CCP,then click yes wait a minute then
click save and close. This should fix the problem.

and there is a messge saying-
This content was created for an older version of trainz. if you proceed this content will be upgraded to comply current standards. Additional Changes may be required to any arising issues.

Should i click ok?

Should i click ok?

I may be too late now if you have already clicked OK, but you should have opened the asset for edit in explorer - not CCP.

Opening in CCP updates the config file to the latest build but can introduce new problems in an old asset which will also need fixing.

You can ignore all items marked as 'warning' since these will not prevent the asset being used. Only those items marked 'error' need to be fixed.

My suggestion is to open for edit in explorer then close the edit window and click 'commit' in the main Content Manager menu.

If this does not work, you need to re-open for edit in explorer and make sure that the two files 'black.tga' and 'start/black.tga' actually exist in their correct folders. If they are, then further investigation will be required.

Scottish

I may be too late now if you have already clicked OK, but you should have opened the asset for edit in explorer - not CCP.

Opening in CCP updates the config file to the latest build but can introduce new problems in an old asset which will also need fixing.

You can ignore all items marked as 'warning' since these will not prevent the asset being used. Only those items marked 'error' need to be fixed.

My suggestion is to open for edit in explorer then close the edit window and click 'commit' in the main Content Manager menu.

If this does not work, you need to re-open for edit in explorer and make sure that the two files 'black.tga' and 'start/black.tga' actually exist in their correct folders. If they are, then further investigation will be required.

Scottish

No the first one didn't work but there is no Black.tga Or Start/blacktga in the asset.
More errors have appeared and here they are-

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Warning: Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'black.tga' for texture file 'black.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'black.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'start/black.tga' for texture file 'start/black.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'start/black.texture.txt'.

Missing tga files sometimes, can be fixed by just deleting the offending texture.txt file, but on the rare chance - this can cause issue if the .IM actually references said texture file and TGA. What *I* personally do, is make a tiny (say, 32x32) tga with a paint program and call it, in this case, black.tga - put that into the 'folder' of the object. Trainz doesn't seem to care what 'size' it is, as long as its a 'power of 2', say, 32x32, 64x64, etc, it just wants the 'black.tga' file, referenced by the black.texture.txt file. I've found very very little content, that can not be 'fixed' to run without warnings/errors on TS12 - sure, its daunting at first, but have an experienced repairer as I did - help guide you and soon, you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about, and fixing it in no time flat yourself :)

@Mulibuck-Ok i have to admit here but i did not understand that at all

It's not as difficult as you think. :)

This is all done in Content Manager and a paint program such as GIMP.

Right-click on the broken asset.
Choose Open for Edit using Windows Explorer.
--- A window will open up showing the contents.

In this folder will be textures and texture.txt files...

If the black.tga exists in this main folder, copy it.

Open up the start folder and paste it in there.

Now...

Close your Windows Explorer window.
Right click on the asset in Content Manager, and choose View errors and warnings.
If only the errors show up, you are good to go, otherwise you have to do other things such as use PEV's PM2IM to fix the black texture.

If all is good, commit the asset and you're good to go.

------
If the texture does not exist anywhere, use Gimp or some other photo-editing program such as Paint.Net, Photoshop, or PaintShop Pro, to create a small black texture of 32x32 pixels.
Save or export the black texture.
--- When exporting, ensure that texture compression is Unchecked otherwise there will be problems.

Close the paint program if you needed it.

And then close the window, check errors, and commit.

I hope this helps.

John

Hello:

Sometimes the missing texture can be found by doing a search
of the Trains folder.

I saved all assets I download sense 2004 and have found
several missing textures.

Jcrtion's tut / suggestion is right on and I have used it when all else fails.

Gerry

It's not as difficult as you think. :)

This is all done in Content Manager and a paint program such as GIMP.

Right-click on the broken asset.
Choose Open for Edit using Windows Explorer.
--- A window will open up showing the contents.

In this folder will be textures and texture.txt files...

If the black.tga exists in this main folder, copy it.

Open up the start folder and paste it in there.

Now...

Close your Windows Explorer window.
Right click on the asset in Content Manager, and choose View errors and warnings.
If only the errors show up, you are good to go, otherwise you have to do other things such as use PEV's PM2IM to fix the black texture.

If all is good, commit the asset and you're good to go.

------
If the texture does not exist anywhere, use Gimp or some other photo-editing program such as Paint.Net, Photoshop, or PaintShop Pro, to create a small black texture of 32x32 pixels.
Save or export the black texture.
--- When exporting, ensure that texture compression is Unchecked otherwise there will be problems.

Close the paint program if you needed it.

And then close the window, check errors, and commit.

I hope this helps.

John

How do i get the size in pAINT For 32x32?

Ignore last post. I have tried what you said JCrtion. and these came up on errors and warnings

Hello:

Paint does not have a *.TGA save option

I did a TRZ 12 black.tga search and found over 2000 black.tga files.

The 4kb are 32x32

That EZ OK.....

Last edited:
Have a look for yourself?... I understood it after a little bit, with a teensy bit of guidance from the forums.

Jamie

Just open the Trainz FOLDER and do the SEARCH...
By the way I let the search run and got 3,840 hits.
Only 747 were 32x32 pix

Back