Is there a Newcastle to Maitland route on the DLS?

Falken442

Hi, I've currently downloaded the 3601 Green loco, C3265 and C35 from the DLS and wanted to race them like the Great Train Race. Is there any route anywhere that replicates Newcastle to Maitland?

Have to make this longer winded than it needs to be

NO

Hi, I've currently downloaded the 3601 Green loco, C3265 and C35 from the DLS and wanted to race them like the Great Train Race. Is there any route anywhere that replicates Newcastle to Maitland?

Mmmm - I wish, now that'd be a great route, but far too complex/detailed for just one person to do alone - it'd take a team of dedicated modellers, at a guess - two to three years minimum to do something like that - as think of the detailing, the research and then building of specific models and such...but what a wonderful addition it'd be, as sadly, there seem to be less and less Aussie route builders left in the community.

I doubt it would take a team that long if they had the Material Mullie, Refrance Material when your in another state is hard to come by mate. I have the DEM for Newcastle out to Ulan already made and in game but yeah doing it on your own is the time taker.
Mick.

Modelling the station buildings/etc, scenery placement, trackwork, etc...strikes me it'd be a daunting task that'd not be easy, especially if - and thats a huge if - it was to be of a high enough standard to be 'included' in a new version, no? :)

I already built Worrybrook Station in a weekend with only a few pics to go off Mullie, Building it isnt daunting to me mate building it without the proper info and building it wrong is the daunting part for me. You would need sum body who is a local to the area on your team and who had the commitment to do a bit of traveling for those on the team who can't not get to the area that easily.

*nods* Being a Queensland boy, its out of my league, but I definitely approve of the thought for a quality Australian route of a moderate length (doesn't have to be prototypical in length!), but I will continue to aspire and dream, we need more Aussie content, and this would make me happy :)

Hows about a close to Proto Iron Ore Route from West Aussie ?, I kind of gave up on the Newcastle area for the time being as i can find more info on the Iron Ore industry and have a lot more to work with so we'll see what happens. But you are right we need more Aussie Content for sure.
Mick.

*chuckles* hey - whatever works man, I'm just in hope of some Aussie content, and would love some routes, I still remember the 'teasers' we were getting for Natvanders route - wow that got my hopes up :)

IIRC Daniel (3830) may have been building that route in TRS2006 but I don't think he has been active in the forums for quite awhile. Quite a few of his screenshots in the Aussie screenshots a few years back were taken at Maitland & Thornton. Unfortunately I don't know if he ever completed it :eek:

Ron

Are Aussie Trainzers team players?

Puffingbilly, a recent attempt to contact Daniel via e-mail regarding his Gosford-Newcastle route elicited no response.

I hope to embark later this year - after finishing my current commitment to the Rail-Sim team - on a detailed route set in 1955 and 1965 from Cowan to Broadmeadow. I have been collecting historic data and images for a number of years. To complete this project as a set of modules (Cowan Bank being the first) within the remainder of my life (I'm 60 :)), would require a team effort. I'm not aware of any collective effort being made to produce an Australian route before now, so I'm not silly enough to think assembling a team with enough commitment to see the project through will be easy. We are not all interested in the same railway eras and locales and those that do hold a common interest don't necessarily have the skill mix required.

Why bring this up here, in Falken442's thread on Maitland-Newcastle? Well, because the exchange between Muliebuck and matruck struck a chord. I would have preferred to "cut my teeth" by contributing to the effort of a pre-existing team making a historically-accurate Australian route, but this was not available.

There has been quite a few teams formed in the past to produce Aussie content and I have been a member of a few of them, ACT Modellers Group, Cowra Loco, Sydney Trainzers, there has also been a few of note like CWS, and lets not forget the Brew Crew were Aussies. - I am more than happy to assist with NSWGR projects were I can.

Puffingbilly, a recent attempt to contact Daniel via e-mail regarding his Gosford-Newcastle route elicited no response.

I hope to embark later this year - after finishing my current commitment to the Rail-Sim team - on a detailed route set in 1955 and 1965 from Cowan to Broadmeadow. I have been collecting historic data and images for a number of years. To complete this project as a set of modules (Cowan Bank being the first) within the remainder of my life (I'm 60 :)), would require a team effort. I'm not aware of any collective effort being made to produce an Australian route before now, so I'm not silly enough to think assembling a team with enough commitment to see the project through will be easy. We are not all interested in the same railway eras and locales and those that do hold a common interest don't necessarily have the skill mix required.

Why bring this up here, in Falken442's thread on Maitland-Newcastle? Well, because the exchange between Muliebuck and matruck struck a chord. I would have preferred to "cut my teeth" by contributing to the effort of a pre-existing team making a historically-accurate Australian route, but this was not available.

Back