How can i delete my account

garrettlatsha

Hi i was just wondering if someone can help me i want to delete my account but cant figure it out how please let me know ASAP thanks:)

Hi i was just wondering if someone can help me i want to delete my account but cant figure it out how please let me know ASAP thanks:)
You have to send a ticket to the help desk - but why do you want to.

You can not unregister your copies of trainz - once there in your name thats it. Quite a few people have purchased second hand copies of trainz from ebay or software resellers only to find out that the software has allready been registered.

If you want to change your user name you need to contact the help desk IIRC you are allowed to chnage your user name once.

hi

Well i want to delete my account so the serial numbers that i have on it right now are gone when i sign back up because i had some problems downloading content and i just thought i would do this if you get what i mean:)

Well i want to delete my account so the serial numbers that i have on it right now are gone when i sign back up because i had some problems downloading content and i just thought i would do this if you get what i mean:)
sorry but thats not going to fix anything - what problems are you having -
remember you can only down load items for the older version of trainz if you have FCT

well what i mean is i have trainz 04 06 and 09 something got messed up and now i can only download content onto 04 and i want 09 if i delete my account will the serial numbers go away when i sign back up:( i only want the serial number for 09 on auran ???

Is your problem that whenever you open a CDP, TRS2004's Content Dispatcher opens up to install the content instead of TS2009's CM?

If so, then this is a problem on your computer, not at n3V's end, so having them delete your serial numbers from your account is likely not going to do you any good.

It seems that if you even only go as far as open the TRS2004 launcher, TRS2004 will grab the file association to CDP files.

TS2010's CM will not grab back the file association, from my experience, so you have to edit the registry entries for the CDP file type to associate it with the correct program. Something that one should be careful when doing!

Regards,

Retro.

well what i mean is i have trainz 04 06 and 09 something got messed up and now i can only download content onto 04 and i want 09 if i delete my account will the serial numbers go away when i sign back up:( i only want the serial number for 09 on auran ???

The short answer is no; even if it were possible, it would only make things much worse.

Here's how to set up file association in XP. It's probably similar for Vista or Win7 but I don't really use them enough to know.

In My Computer, select Tools->Folder Options->File Types and file CDP. Select Advanced. Select Change instead and Browse to your 09 copy of CMP. Make sure the box that says "Always use this blah blah to open this file" is ticked. That should do the trick. There's a separate trick if you are trying to use the Download Cart, if you need that.

If what Retro says is accurate, though, I hope there's a setting for 04 that disables 04 from "taking over" the file associations. Otherwise, you may have to do this every time you download.

You can always launch TRS2009's CMP and it *should* pick up anything you download ad go directly into 09 and not 04. If you open up TRS2004's TDH then all downloads *should* go into 04 and not any other version at least it used to do that in the past......

I suggest opening TS 2009's CMP and installing something from the DLS from that, by dragging the item into the download helper. that should hopefully fix it.

hope this helps

Back