trainz 2010 download problems.

Stevenc15

I purchased trainz 2010 for online download through the auran site. The transaction went fine but when I click the download links for the different files it downloads empty files instead of the 1.5 GB files they should be. I managed to download the setup.exe and 2 of the other .Bin files, but no matter how many times I try, the two other parts just keep having the same problem.

Have you tried a different browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc)?

Have you tried with a download manager program such as FreeDownloadManager?

John
(neither I nor the Razorback Railway have any connection with the program recommended in this post other than as satisfied users)

I also purchased trainz 2010 for online download last night. I was originally not getting any of the bin files except one to download. I tried different browsers Internet Explorer and Firefox. I was able to use download manager program FreeDownloadManager. But I can't get the setup-1a.bin to download. All the rest are downloading perfectly. Thanks john259 for the suggestion.

Jason

Dissatisfied customer

:( Same thing. I paid for this and I can't download anything but two files. Nobody gets back to you adn now I;m out fifty bucks. Pisses me off. Does anyone now how you get a refund?

R

im having a little bit of luck, using freedownloadmanager I successfully downloaded setup-1b.bin and got some of setup-1a.bin but then it stopped working.

Im not pleased that after spending 50 dollars this is how things are working.

Last edited:
Confirmed, the 1st bin file won't download and shows a size of 0. If you use a download manager i cannot determine the correct file size either.

This is not a case of having to try a different download manager or browser, the problem lies with the ftp server itself, this is not the first time I have experienced such a problem whilst trying to download from someone.

I have created a ticket regarding this matter, but looking at previous posts, it looks like I may not get a timely response to solve the problem.

Auran need to be careful, loose sales they will.... If I do not get a response within a reasonable amount of time, or a fixed download link I will simply claim the funds back from Paypal.

If you have paid via a card and are not able to get a download link within a reasonable time frame either, you can just claim it back from your credit card company or bank in pretty much the same way. Just provide them with all correspondence you have sent Auran in regard to the matter.

Only takes about a week to get a refund.

:( Pity, I had just convinced myself to give 2010 a go, but I am not dealing with poor customer service issues, or waiting around forever till they "decide" it needs fixing.

Having a bit of patience is one thing, having the p**s taken is quite another.

Check your Internet router settings and your FTP software. This maybe an issue where the file gets corrupted going through the router. There should be a setting somewhere to allow for FTP Pass-through for router. I know I had to do this for WinFTP, which I use periodically to download files from various places.

John

Hi Everyone,

This was unfortunately a separate issue to the server upgrades (though these will help prevent this in future) which I believe I have fixed.

If there are any more issues please post in this thread I will be keeping an eye on it.

Back