TRS2006 Tricks and "cheats"

Ronayne

Australian in Montana
Hello all,

I know in TRS2009 WBE, there are "cheats" that you can enter to make things happen like make the ground textured with hills etc.
What I want to know is, are there any tricks or "cheats" in TRS2006?

Chris Ronayne

None that I've found so far.

I know there was a map creation cheat in the original trainz but when I tried it it just caused the baseboard to "auto generate" mountains,valleys, textures etc. that kept randomly moving around the map & couldn't be stopped without exiting out of the game.

Although not technically cheats, Alt-y and Alt-u still work in TS2009 to let you walk or fly around your world while in Surveyor letting you examine it from different points of view. Everything from ground level to high in the sky, and much closer than than regular zooming.

Hi Ronayne,

As martinvk points out, they're not exactly cheats. They're little things a programmer writes into the code when the boss isn't looking. Well so they say! They're actually called Easter Eggs, and they appear in most games. It's up to you to find them.

Some people say these don't work with TRS 2006, but I'm sure I've had success with some. Just try them and see how you go. By the way, I got most of these from a previous post by Hiballer. Thanks mate.

-----------------

The Alt commands apply to TRS2004, but as I said, some or all work with TRS2006.

Alt-FLY takes you up in the sky and you can steer yourself in any direction.

Alt-WALK puts you at ground level and lets you walk on the ground in any direction.

(Also try ALT+WALK / ALT+Y ALT+U )

Alt-SMITE lets you click on an object and lightning strikes it and produces a hole in the ground to a thunderous crash out your speakers. Beware!. Be VERY CAREFUL using this.

Alt-MMMG (Make My Map George) makes you a new route on a new set of train boards, any size, but the effect diminishes with distance from where you start the command.

Alt-LUCYINTHESKYWITHDIAMONDS turns the sky into a kaleidoscope A-La The Beatles.

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+CARZ, then click on a moving car. (take a drive and watch those trainz!)

Hit the Esc key to stop all this nonsense.

Good luck.

The TRS2006\Settings\keyboard.txt file only lists these two controls under the Surveyor section:
cmd_cam_fly alt u
cmd_cam_walk alt y

whereas the keyboard.txt file for TS2009 has:
cmd_cam_walk alt y
cmd_cam_fly alt u
cmd_cam_car alt ctrl shift z
cmd_rand_map alt ctrl shift p
cmd_smite alt ctrl a

If you're not familiar with all of these, alt ctrl shift z lets you jump into any vehicle on a road and ride around in it. alt ctrl a puts you in lightening bolt mode so that any object that you click on will be distroyed, leaving a smoking hole in the ground. Very kool.

Bob

rweber95, I think that more or less duplicates to the letter, but I guess you're more specific about what works in 2006.

Last edited:
Back