PLEASE READ - Permissable Signature Size in the Auran Trainz Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is giving you that error it means the URL+BBcode is too long. I believe it maxes out at 200 characters. I would try uploading it at photobucket or imageshak where the URL will have less of the gobledy-gook characters in it.

peter

If it is giving you that error it means the URL+BBcode is too long. I believe it maxes out at 200 characters. I would try uploading it at photobucket or imageshak where the URL will have less of the gobledy-gook characters in it.

peter

Thanks Peter,

Much appreciated, I will certainly give it a try.

Cheers
Pete

h ttp://xtpvpa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1piO3z08yj4IY_GFGaf8RPamQCOn8fiSOJCkvTOjvk0nwcjcddgRm8-Ror_lz_nChfrw84pNFcPpQ/banner222-2.jpg

The folder name is probably causing the problem. It is rather long.

Mike.

h ttp://xtpvpa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1piO3z08yj4IY_GFGaf8RPamQCOn8fiSOJCkvTOjvk0nwcjcddgRm8-Ror_lz_nChfrw84pNFcPpQ/banner222-2.jpg

The folder name is probably causing the problem. It is rather long.

Mike.

Thanks Mike,

I'm taking steps to correct it. One or two more pressing items to sort out first.

Thanks to all for the help.

Cheers
Pete.

This is a signature belonging to a user and just look how big it is (800x150 and 86,673Kb):
MySig.jpg

The person who has this signature should know by now that this is way oversize.

I publicly ask that the moderators get a bit more tougher on oversized signatures, and yes I do support naming those who have oversized signatures, as the moderators hardly seem to be doing anything. I doubt I would be able to get away with oversized signatures and I would be told to fix it as soon as possible. From what I can see, some can get away with oversized signatures, while others can't.

Surely, if you can limit the text in the signatures, their is some setting that reduces the size of signatures to within the allowable limits set?

To all members, signature space IS NOT for almost picture sized pictures. I may consider going to the administrators/moderators to ask that the image settings be disabled, and only text allowed in the signature space.

Last edited:
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...000_0280-1.jpg

I think I must be a bit thick today because I've been following this thread and decided I might want to add a picture as a signature as well. I located one I liked, then uploaded it to photobucket to re-size it. That seems to be about as far as I can get. Seems at the bottom of the page for permissables, I'm not allowed to upload photos!
Any help or direction on this would be greatly appreciated. Ralph
p...000_0280-1.jpg

I think I must be a bit thick today because I've been following this thread and decided I might want to add a picture as a signature as well. I located one I liked, then uploaded it to photobucket to re-size it. That seems to be about as far as I can get. Seems at the bottom of the page for permissables, I'm not allowed to upload photos!
Any help or direction on this would be greatly appreciated. Ralph

some forums allow you to host your pictures on their server. Auran does not. You must upload your picture to a separate server (photobucket is great) then link to it using the tags. see my tutorial in the FCT FAQ part of the forum for more info.

peter

Peter...Thank you for your quick response. I read thru the suggested post...guess I'm about to find out how I did! Ralph

Don't mean to get techie here but most if not all image storage sites will on only accept images in RGB. If your image is in CMYK it won't show. How do I know this? Did it today. :)

Cheers

AJ

Peter...Thank you for your quick response. I read thru the suggested post...guess I'm about to find out how I did! Ralph

looking at your ignature; you need to remove the space between the end of the image URL and the [/IMG] tag.

peter

Peter...Really appreciate your patience with this and helping this ol' man. One more try off into cyberspace.....Ralph

Peter...Finally,I figured it out. What I had to do was get rid of the underlining in the signature itself and when I clicked for "preview", WOW, there it was. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding thru this whole process. I feel like such a goon for not 'getting it ' the first time. Ralph

And once again, we have oversized signatures, and ARE THE moderators going to be a bit more strict on this?

One is 500x118 and about trees or similar, and the other is 682x115, something about Trainz commuters.

I admire your determination Red, but to be honest, I think Auran and the Mods have stopped caring.

Even if the "party line" still says that the COC should be obeyed, the truth is that reporting an oversize banner or posting here about it doesn't seem to work.

Maybe we should use this thread to our advantage.

What if, when people see an oversize banner, they:

1. Use the Report Button to notify the Mods
  2. Post in this thread, so that the date and time of the "report" are captured for all to see
  3. Name the user
  4. Show the banner
Might be a plan.

Smiley.

Big signatures distract from the main part of the post.

Big signatures distract from the main part of the post.

Smileyman, it's not determination, but just getting tied of oversized signatures slowing down the threads that I'm interested in, and the moderators/administrators shouldn't stop caring.

Even if the "party line" still says that the COC should be obeyed, the truth is that reporting an oversize banner or posting here about it doesn't seem to work.
So if I posted an oversized signature. . .

Smileyman, I'm not saying that this is correct, but it seems to be that BOTH signatures and images aren't being policed much anymore, and I have showed an offending banner, and to be honest, think it is the only recourse at the moment.

And to moderators, why is this singature still way over the 100 pixel height limit, when I reported it a while ago? (and this user would know by now what the limit of the signatures are)

PVincent342's
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/PVincent342/Signature Series/MySig.jpg
(shown in picture format on the previous page)

And here we have other oversized banners:
gandalf0444sig.gif

and this may not look oversize, but is in height.
waleflag.gif

Their is one user that has two different signatures both within size limits, BUT the signature height totals 130 pixels high.

Most know what the limit of signatures are, yet they try to sneak the little extra height in.

EDIT: I don't like doing this, and is the result of a small group of people, however perhaps I agree with some that only text be allowed in the signature area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back