UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

f55, you might want to try a different web host: I got a pop-up when I clicked on your thumbnail. Why not try www.photobucket.com ? With photobucket you can display the full size picture on here instead of posting a link or a thumbnail which hammers people with pop-ups. Just a thought.

Incidentally, if anyone is looking for a really good overall roof for a terminus station, just look for james73's Glasgow Queen Street on the DLS. It really is quite superb. I stuck two of them together side by side, and my station now resembles Liverpool Lime Street! Thanks james.

Best wishes,
Padster

Re the Thumbnail thing, I Open my shot in Imageshack to view it full size.There is a very small circle "Thumbnail Mode" "Yes" which is ticked by default, so I click the "No" circle and that sorts it.Here is an Austerity loading coal on one of the Staithes at Hudson Dock, Sunderland..:p
austerityonstaithes1et6.jpg

Thanks Harcourt they"re incredibly difficult to do, especially since they have entirely gone and its impossible to get into the Docks nowadays.:(

Nice curved station shot Ciaran! Nothing quite like a 31 int there ;)

I've posted two shots this week but in the past years not posted much of the Woodhead, (at least they're notbland reskin shots with a tree in the background) here goes:

Bridgehouses%2024-02-08%201.jpg

East side of Bridgehouses Yard.

Bridgehouses%2024-02-08%202.jpg

West side of Bridgehouses Yard.

Bridgehouses%2024-02-08%203.jpg

Looking West, a passenger train is on its way to Manchester.

Enjoy!

Bridgehouses%2024-02-08%204.jpg

LMS waggons from the Spital Hill Tunnel and Wicker Station.

Lewisner: Nothing some literature can't help with. Nowt like a few years of research.

Gam, may I ask please where did you get the hoppers from, the Sealions at the back of the consist, well they look like sealions, anyway...:hehe:

Thank you. Ex-railwayman

For a run-down (not literally) on wagons see this excellent site.

http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/

Greg - Excellent shots and work on Sheffield, as always. Just one thing, I think you're missing a lot of daytime smog/fog. :D At least that's how I remember it. cough, cough!

Gam, may I ask please where did you get the hoppers from, the Sealions at the back of the consist, well they look like sealions, anyway...:hehe:

Thank you.

Ex.

They are Seacows, and all can be found from Greeni's wagon works, via Hentis's site, but the link evades me, sorry!

Last edited:
nexusdj, this may sound a bit cheeky, but you have so much good content in your screenshots - not on DLS or on your website (particularly some nice catenery and station bits I've seen - half truss ole support, that York station overroof, and is that a Networker in the background?) - are they things you've made yourself or do you have a hidden source of content?

They are Seacows, and all can be found from Greeni's wagon works, via Hentis's site, but the link evades me, sorry!

No that's fine, thank you very much anyway Pellet, and thanks to escafeld as well for his link to the photographs, I thought they were Trainz downloads at first and got quite excited.....:hehe: :eek:

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Back