Triple Crown Roadrailer Project

HolBr14

NS Lafayette District WIP
This is a project I recently started and after one day, this is what it looks like. All that is left is the truck, and a few small details. Criticisms are welcome.

Brandon :wave:

It looks like a good start! I thought there were already TC Railroaders out there, at least there used to be!

Looking good. Ed you must be thinking of these:

0322da3b340d4c1cf7ae29fcdb4a9819.jpg

Yes I fixed them and working in TS12. Anyways keep up the nice work.

hert:wave:

@hert. Yeaa, those are alright but they aren't perfect and I couldn't get them to work in TS12, and roadrailers make up about a third of what runs on a route I'm building so I want something that looked a little better.

@CPman117. Well I'm working on putting it into trainz right now, although I've never exported a model before so I don't know how long it will take. :hehe:

Brandon :wave:

:cool: Since your using Sg1's project, here is another skin...convert to .tga and change the name to neu-1.tga...

Cool, thanks for that! Those pictures are very neat indeed! :D

Brandon

Last edited:
And since we're celebrating...

:cool: These were taken from Bowser's adds when they were released in HO...

These skin pics are extremely large and may not last long here. Use Irfanview to convert to .tga and place them in the body folder replacing the neu-1.tga file.

Thank you so much! I will make skins of all of these. I hope to do different variations of weathering as well. :D

Brandon

:cool:I just have to brag on this new trick...

IF you have a Firefox browser...create a folder on your desktop and drag & drop the skin from the post in this thread into that folder.

Open the file and save as a .tga file, then drag & drop that into the body folder of a clone trailer, the "B" trailer. Overwrite the original. You can make the "A" or the "C" also.

There you have it!

Also, I make the consist in Surveyor of "A" trailer and 9-B trailers, "B" trailer of 10-B trailers and "C" trailer of 9-B's & one C.

The maximum length for one locomotive is 72-trailers, two locomotives is 125-trailers. The railroad calls them "cars."

Set the mass (weight) in the config file to 30000 (66,139-lb.). Triple Crown Trailers are always loaded when placed in a train, unless they are on a flatcar.

It's in the game now but it needs some fixing to get in on the track. :hehe: the trailer is sideways on the track and the bogeys aren't showing up. :confused:

Brandon

Last edited:
Back