Are There Any North American Tram/Streetcar Routes Out There?

gisa

Routelayer Ordinaire...
Hi All,

I was just wondeirng if anyone knew of any North-American themed tram/streetcar routes for '04. I know there isn't a lot of N.A. tram/streetcar content out there and I'm building a mini route of sorts that links up with my mostly rail route at the moment. I am using 04 and using Andi's wonderful streetkit but am running into some confusion trying to get the one way lanes to work (sometimes I look towards other routes for inspriation and clues :D ).

Besides, it'd be great to know if there were any out there!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Hello my friend, there is an excellent streetcar/tram network available in the Toronto layout on the DLS. I think it is VTPR Complete SP3 by TorontoTrainz on KUID 80372, it was originally a UTC route but was upgraded to SP3 and it worked OK on TRS2004, I haven't tried it in TRS2006 though....

This is the only streetcar layout I can remember at the moment, it is great though rumbling thru the streets of Toronto clanking the bells....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Hello my friend, there is an excellent streetcar/tram network available in the Toronto layout on the DLS. I think it is VTPR Complete SP3 by TorontoTrainz on KUID 80372, it was originally a UTC route but was upgraded to SP3 and it worked OK on TRS2004, I haven't tried it in TRS2006 though....

This is the only streetcar layout I can remember at the moment, it is great though rumbling thru the streets of Toronto clanking the bells....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Beware of the fine print for this route... ALL Xtra Content Required IS Available On Our Website.. that website is no more :eek:

gisa... I have done the Halton County Radial Railway, a working streetcar museum in Ontario. kuid 41078:1000808 :)

If someone could do the BART system in [SIZE=-1]San Francisco[/SIZE],
that would be grand :)
-J33

Here in Yoo Ess Ey, trams are call Buses, so that may help your search. I'd like to see some old Philly/Suburban PTC or Red Arrow PCC cars myself.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions! I will give some of these routes a go...

Do any of you use andi's streetkits to make multilane roads? I'm kinda confused about how to set it up for us "North American" types...@@

I'm still irked that they hadn't thought of making multilane roads when they made 04...I wish there was another way to go about that...

:wave:

Gisa ^^

that would be grand

BART or MUNI? Isn't BART the transit/Metro type line? Though that said I've just checked out some MUNI images on the NYC World Subway site and the newer trams look like full size trains running down the street!

It's nice to see that others like transit/tram/bus routes. I usually design my own using any and all items available from Download. Trams/Streetcars are Canal, Desire, Streetcar, TTC PCC and few other PCC's There are LRV's mostly European design along with European Streetcars, but can be adapted for NA design. There is a Polish site (http://www.ptram.eu/) which has a group of trams. Some are dated, most will work on TS2010, (2012 unsure). Most streetcars/cablecars and buses have compatibility problems on TS2012. I am disappointed that the NonReal PCC that came with TS2012 do not work on TS2010.
I am always hoping there a people out there who can design vehicles, updated for transit systems, acutally put out a request on the Freeware site for this.

Downloaded the VTPR Complete SP3 and it crashed the TS2010 (running on W8/Laptop)

Last edited:
It's nice to see that others like transit/tram/bus routes. I usually design my own using any and all items available from Download. Trams/Streetcars are Canal, Desire, Streetcar, TTC PCC and few other PCC's There are LRV's mostly European design along with European Streetcars, but can be adapted for NA design. There is a Polish site (http://www.ptram.eu/) which has a group of trams. Some are dated, most will work on TS2010, (2012 unsure). Most streetcars/cablecars and buses have compatibility problems on TS2012.
I am always hoping there a people out there who can design vehicles, updated for transit systems, acutally put out a request on the Freeware site for this.

I was able to operate Pietr's fine in TS12. They needed some fixing, the usual stuff, but they work fine.

I agree they look fine on North American routes. In particular, they are similar to the new Boston Breda units.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...7155B6D30D99060D727FAFA6647C&selectedIndex=13

The green ones especially, of course for our Green Line.

Right now I'm planning an urban trolley/tram route that is loosely based on the MBTA. It's in the planning stages right now, so there won't be an pictures for some time.

John

that would be grand :)
-J33

I think that has been done...
Bart, francis90km, <kuid:264917:1008>
...on the DLS, I tried it, but you need to supply the cars to run on the tracks.

Description from the downloaded route:

The BART story began in 1946. It began not by governmental fiat, but as a concept gradually evolving at informal gatherings of business and civic leaders on both sides of the San Francisco Bay. Facing a heavy post-war migration to the area and its consequent automobile boom, these people discussed ways of easing the mounting congestion that was clogging the bridges spanning the Bay. In 1947, a joint Army-Navy review Board concluded that another connecting link between San Francisco and Oakland would be needed in the years ahead to prevent intolerable congestion on the Bay Bridge. The link? An underwater tube devoted exclusively to high-speed electric trains.

Hi great map where did you get the PCC in the first pic?

Hi Joe,

The Boston MBTA PCC Trolleys are on the DLS. They are for older version of Trainz and need some work to get them up to working order in TS12. They look great on the outside, but have the wrong cab for riding.

John

Changing the cab is not the big problem for the streetcars or other vehicles, it is the MESH? updates to run on the SP-upgrades or on TS2012 and/or run on the past programs, The PCCNON_real streetcars, which came with the TS2012, will not work on the TS2010. Personally I have no ability to make the mods to make them function on the other version of Trainz.
I would hope there are individuals out there with the ability to create transit vehicles which are current, with working doors, passenger enabled, and functioning cabin control. I would love to see the major manufacturers of transit vehicles, i.e. Siemens, Bombardier etc put out there working models of their transit/LRV etc on to Trainz. Good publicity/advertising to demonstrate to an international audience their products.

I went through the trouble of attempting to update the cab and interior of one of the PCCs. I used a cab and interior from a Czech or Polish Tram. It's a PCC trolley that was sold and manufactured in Europe. The front window is similar and so are the interiors from what I could tell. The problem though was still getting the thing to work. This was due to the confounded mesh errors and textures that wouldn't load no matter what. After a bit I gave up and dumped the project. Getting a commercial entity such as Siemens or Bombardier to do something like this is probably a remote if any possibility. A great idea, but remote chance.

5724100214_0b16bbb1a3_z.jpg
ImageCache

Back