Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum - Coming Soon: SOUTHERN 4501! Read on. . .

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
So I received the Smoke & Cinders - Fourth Quarter 2012, Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum's official newsletter just today and I didn't pay much attention until I got to the '4501 PROGRESS REPORT' section. Here's what it said:
Work has steadily continued on the restoration of locomotive #4501. Welding of the backhead was completed, the front course of the smokebox was cut off and replacement started (including modifications for a feedwater heater), installation of the feedwater heater and pump, additional modifications to the tender, installation of new crankpins in wheel centers, and plenty of firebox work (straybolts, rivets, etc.)

And the 'FROM THE PRESIDENT' also caught my attention. It looks like there's going to be a big increase in passengers if what it says will happen:

= first paragraph removed =

And speaking of next, how about 2013? We expect more of the same but will add new levels of service on the Hiawassee, see the return of 4501 (RED LIGHT FLASHING AND ALARM GOING OFF!), make additions of property to Grand Junction campus, begin phase one development of our new yard in East Chattanooga, and much more. One thing we know, TVRM will continue to strive toward meeting or mission, to preserve, operate, interpret and display railroad artifacts. Come see us.

Hopefully she'll be out in 2013. They've got about nine months remaining in this year to get it done.

Back