UK Steam Era

I'm wondering whether there is anyone/a group "out there" who is/are interested particularly in the UK Steam era;- let's say 1945 - 1955 roughly.
I operate in isolation (but with much enjoyment) with my "2009 World Builder" Edition of Trainz but sometimes speculate about whether there could be a mutually-beneficial exchange of ideas with like-minded souls.
Northeastern
Much appreciate responses to my Post of 4/18. Some personal background may be useful. My interest in UK 1945-55 betrays my age group. I'm really only semiliterate in IT. Did anyone see my initial "Reply to Thread" on General Trainz?. I can't find it now - is it somewhere out there in Cyberspace?
I've generated simulations of Hellifield Jct, Llandudno Jct, Carstairs Jct, Bournemouth West, Exeter St Davids, Northallerton and Chinley Jct - all typified by being not too complex (!?) - for my PC. Believe I've achieved reasonable plausibility of track layouts (educated guesses !) and traffic through literature searches (articles, diagrams and photos) and of topography (roughly to scale) through OS Maps, Google Earth and some local knowledge. Have used available Trainz track, signals, locos and rolling stock, lineside objects ...... plus some Payware locos. Willing to disseminate details of my Routes if anyone should be interested.
Some of my particular needs are track plans of the era, relevant locos, suburban rolling-stock ......... !
Spec of my PC: Capella GT 3 (Jan 2011)
AMD quad-core processor: 4 GB of "fast" (ie RAM ?) memory.
Hard Disk: 1000 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Ge Force GTX 460.

Back