TANE V1.2 for iMAC

RSKraus

Well, I had heard a date for the new Mac T:ANE version to be today, May 28th. And I arose early to try to beat the crowd to the download. I can't find anything. Why is there no solid information coming out about the Mac release? I scan the many forums for some clue, but there are so many forums and so little information.
I have been struggling with the original T:ANE version and it is now so corrupted that I have lost the use of so many industries due to my own stupidity. Some thing that I did to rid myself of many items that were showing red due to missing dependencies, even though they were being recognized and working, disappeared when I hit a button marked "Delete Missing Assets." And, Shazzam. there went weeks of hard work. Entire routes and assets and rails, just vanished and I don't know how to restore them. Now, what I would like to know is, when I am finally able to download the latest version of TANE for the Mac, should I erase the old version first so as not to corrupt the new version with all of my mistakes. AND, WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE?

The next Mac "release candidate" build is expected to be released to the beta testers either tomorrow or early next week. Based upon that feedback, we think we could be ready to provide the digital version for download next week (fingers crossed). Sorry for the lack of information.

Thanks, Tony, I guess I'll have to get up early sometime next week, to avoid the crush. Could you please give me an answer to the last part of my previous post about clearing my old, corrupted version before installing the new one.
"Now, what I would like to know is, when I am finally able to download the latest version of TANE for the Mac, should I erase the old version first so as not to corrupt the new version with all of my mistakes."

You should have replied to the post rather than creating a blog entry there, as there's no guarantee of Tony reading this.

Shane

Thanks, Shane. Like everything else in Trainz, I have a problem with posting on Forums. There are so many different Forums, each with so many different threads, that I have a lot of trouble finding anything I have posted to see if there are any answers to my questions. Hopefully, I will eventually learn how to do everything, if I live long enough. It doesn't seem likely though, because I am 82 already. Now, let me start by trying to find my original entry and doing as you say; reply to the post instead of blogging.

Back