T:ANE collectors preview - probs

SMEDLEY

First, an apology to the people at Auran, who have continued what others sought to abandon (as they have with other "minor interest" sims).

Having signed up for pre-order of T:ANE Collectors, I was given - yes, folks, given - a pre-release version of the delights to come.

3D graphics are greatly improved, as is simulated visual range.

Graphic detail is also great.

However, I wonder whether these have improved at the cost of detraction in other areas?

Trying to drive ECML (being a Brit) I soon became VERY disconcerted by the simulated "sway" which seemed on the point of derailing the whole set. When looked at from exterior, the loco actually LEAVES the track. Sorry, guys, that is NOT sim.

Secondly (and I accept that this may be down to different computers etc.,) I find that, if I want a certain function, I have to "search" for it with the mouse and, more likely than not, it appears in a very limited, undefined zone beneath the AP. OK if know where to aim, EXTREMELY frustrating if not.

Third, while the game itself is, as advertised, very much faster to load, once in there, movement is what I can only describe as "jerky". Those of us who are used to hauling a few tons of metal around the sky in fluid, free flight, and come back to this as an escape find this very disconcerting, because we find it difficult to anticipate - and therein lies the key to most mechanical operation

Overall, Thanks to the team for looking forward but, I fear, advancements in some areas at neglect (for I can only call it such, otherwise ti would have been equal to ro better than what went before) but I hope for the ironing out of the "bugs" (or gremlins) and some ab fab railsim to come.

My other gripe is that there is no direct "comments" section that I can find anywhere on the home website. Whether you want it or not, here it is - I have tried to be constructive) but in-game link may have saved this public broadcast - that I would prefer not to have to make.

Smedley Viaduct - yes- was fortunate to spend a lot of my (very) earl life there

Best wishes to all - especially the developers.

And kindest regards:)

The sway issue is known - it's designed to sway but the default track settings are too low. however it may be partially up to the relevant content creators to change their track settings.

Shane

The thing is not Officially out yet ,and already complaints.witch makes it ,questionable for users who want to get this version.(like Me)I envy all the developers who have created Trainz in all versions,and my feeling is,if you are not a developer and just an end user,unless you can do better.why complain.You see bugs with ALL simulators like flight sims trains. ect. just my feeling anyway.

Last edited:
Back