TANE: Hardware Discussion

trevor1941

Required Hardware Specs: (Hardware Specs may change)

Minimum:

Minimum ReqIntelAMDDetailsMac
CPUIntel 'i' series introduced 2009 onwards. Minimum 2 physical coresAMD K10 and above introduced 2009 onwards. Minimum 2 physical cores2Ghz Dual Core supporting 64bitIntel i5 2Ghz
RAM4GB DDR34GB DDR34GB DDR3 (+ 1GB for onboard graphics)
GPU1GB dedicated VRAM supporting DX11 and Open GL 41GB dedicated VRAM supporting DX11 and Open GL 4NVIDIA GT 430 or better/ AMD ATI 5550 or betterIntel Iris or better with 1GB VRAM supporting OpenGL 4
HDD30GB free space30GB free space30GB free space
OSWin 7 64bit and above (64bit OS only)Win 7 64 bit and above (64 bit OS only)OS X 10.9 and above

Recommended:

Recommended ReqIntelAMDDetailsMac
CPUIntel i5 3330 or betterAMD FX 8350 or betterQuad Core 2.3Ghz 64bitIntel i5 2.3 Ghz
RAM8GB DDR38GB DDR38GB DDR3
GPU1GB dedicated VRAM supporting DX11 and Open GL 41GB dedicated VRAM supporting DX11 and Open GL 4NVIDIA GTX 660 or better/ AMD HD 6950 or betterDedicated Graphics card with 1GB VRAM supporting OpenGL 4
HDD30GB30GB30GB free space
OSWin 8.1 64bit and above (64bit OS only)Win 8.1 64bit and above (64bit OS only)OS X 10.9 and above

The specs you quoted have been around for a while. If you bought the software without reading the minimum requirements first then that's a daft move. Anyway, Imacs (as all in one systems) may not be suitable for the latest games anyway.

Actually the majority of iMacs on sale now (from the Apple Store) have 1GB memory for their graphics cards. If you're using one of the smaller ones, or an old one you should have thought about that before buying the game. You may be able to get a return, you have to contact the helpdesk about that.

peter

Apples automatic diagnostics have repaired the freezing problem. Graphics are nearly normal and even runs shadows although jerky. Since I have only got 4 Gig of RAM this is spectacular improvement.

TANE ran without problems for a while but now cannot find the required KUID's to operate trains or load many of the bits it needs to operate properly. Version 1.1 does not appear to be available in Australia????

Back