Dig and cover?

R46AtStuy

As the name implies, I'm trying to make a regional metro, but when I try to make an underground station, it's fine, because I use ProTrainz subway kit, but when I try to cover the station, it elevates, thus eliminating the purpose of an underground station. Please help me!!😥😥

You don't need to cover the station, because when you are inside the station you can't see out thus creating the impression of a subway even though the station is not actually covered.

boyerm25;bt4062 said:
You don't need to cover the station, because when you are inside the station you can't see out thus creating the impression of a subway even though the station is not actually covered.

Yeah, i tried that while inserting a R40 Slant, and it looked pretty legit!
Except, their was a problem when i tried to do the tracks, they submerged into the ground.

Thanks for your help,
-Stuy.

If your subway doesn't out of the ground anywhere (ie it's completely submerged) there is no reason to burry any part of the map under the baseboard. just lay all your tracks on the baseboard. Doing it this way is easier for you to layout & easier for the users to navigate when setting up their sessions. Download and take a look at how the U7 subway map is made here: http://www.trainz-multiplayer.de/download/index.php/Entry/180-Berliner-U7-Version-2-0/

If you're map does have surface or elevated trackage as well, you can use a dig-hole (andi-06 makes a good one) to cut a hole in the baseboard where needed (10m minimum) to get your tracks thru. Any track-type tunnel already has a dig-hole built in.

peter

PS: I think with the ProTrainz kit you have to lay them out on the ground then lower them underground.

PerRock;bt4070 said:
If your subway doesn't out of the ground anywhere (ie it's completely submerged) there is no reason to burry any part of the map under the baseboard. just lay all your tracks on the baseboard. Doing it this way is easier for you to layout & easier for the users to navigate when setting up their sessions. Download and take a look at how the U7 subway map is made here: http://www.trainz-multiplayer.de/download/index.php/Entry/180-Berliner-U7-Version-2-0/

If you're map does have surface or elevated trackage as well, you can use a dig-hole (andi-06 makes a good one) to cut a hole in the baseboard where needed (10m minimum) to get your tracks thru. Any track-type tunnel already has a dig-hole built in.

peter

PS: I think with the ProTrainz kit you have to lay them out on the ground then lower them underground.

Yeah, that really helped, but i'm still a bit confused on if you can lower any tunnels, because i tried using the DDP Metro Pack, and lowered a track, but there was complete craziness outside the window.

(PS) If anyone knows about a one-sided tunnel, that would help, because i have frequent problems while using the Metro ST Tunnel, it covers the other side of the station, and it's kinda annoying, because you can't see the other side.

Back