diesel-electric locomotive controls

Kellyee

hi everyone!!!!! I am not a computer programmer(retired electrician). I was wondering how to install a "run//stop/start/isolate"switch in the cabs of the locomotives(sd40's,gp7's sw1200's) that I run in my scenarios. This switch is used to put a locomotive online/offline in a consist(excessive wheel-slip, ground-relay action or not loading, etc.). This switch is located on the front of the electrical compartment, usually behind the engineer's seat. Also there is a generator field switch on the engineer's control stand that has to be "on" to energize the generator excitation circuits. The graphics of the cab would have to be changed and some script would have to be written to link the reverser lever and throttle with these switches. I expect the same sub-routine would work for every unit. I used to run these locomotives on a test track when I worked for the CNR in Toronto in the early 70's. I complement the designers and programmers of Trainz content for the realism of their cabs. If anybody can help me, I would be very grateful. Best regards Kellyee

Back