New Content Screens

Starrywarz

Here are some screens of Milwaukee Road P42dc. There are currently four of them. #1, #2, #7, #8.
2014-07-23_00001.jpg
2014-07-23_00002.jpg

These units are used on my currently in progress route which features a fictional 21st century Milwaukee Road. If anyone would like me to send you a copy to BETA test PM me. I'm going to limit it to only a few.

Sorry for the large images. I did not realize at time of posting how large they would end up being. I cannot edit them smaller either so next time I will post them as thumbnails instead.

Interesting, although technically those are P32ACDMs, not P42s.

Why did you choose to come up with a new paint scheme rather then try and adapt the classic Milw scheme?

peter

PerRock;bt3754 said:
Interesting, although technically those are P32ACDMs, not P42s.

Why did you choose to come up with a new paint scheme rather then try and adapt the classic Milw scheme?

peter

alright sorry im not up to date on my exact train stats haha, but with the paint scheme I really wanted to come up with something original but still using the classic logo(s). I do enjoy the classic paint schemes of the orange and maroon, or even the freight scheme with the orange and black, but i wanted something original. I have these for use on my random route that features the Milwaukee Road in 2014....and basically if RR's still had passenger service. but I guess they could be used for freight service too.

Edit-- (applies to above) also I really like Amtrak 66, heritage paint scheme so I wanted it to look like that but in Milwaukee colors. I find that it should be easy to either reskin or remake amtrak superliner cars, in the milwaukee scheme.

The route I am making is a random route as in I am sick of trying to make it look too realistic that I get bored after 10 tiles. This route I am just making tracks go and adding industries as I go. When I first played Trainz my first route was similar, but it was small and was just a large circle with some industry as i learned how to use surveyor. Now that I have more experience and I finally started making some of my own content, I decided the route that I actually named "random***route" would be a fictional Wisconsin type setting. Right now I have the Milwaukee Road and Wisconsin and Southern. There's basically just track so i got alot of work to do! Thanks for your input!

--Starrywarz

Last edited:
I really like these. The area around the headlight looks funny - like it could be improved- but I'm not really sure why. Good job!

boyerm25;bt3759 said:
I really like these. The area around the headlight looks funny - like it could be improved- but I'm not really sure why. Good job!

I appreciate your comments but I have one question -- what part exactly around the headlights are you seeing that could be improved. like the orange/maroon, the logo, or what... I kinda see what you might be thinking of, but I just wanna be sure what your thinking before I do any changes.

-starrywarz

The black looks kinda funny ending right at the bottom of the headlight - but I don't see how it could be changed easily.

I was wondering if you could make this skin for the P42!!!
100_4911.24394431_large.JPG

Back