The Birth of a Trainz Route - The Augsburg & Concord Railroad

jeff1959

ACRRLogo_zps2dd33be1.jpg

Just in case anyone actually reads this, let me introduce you to the Augsburg & Concord Railroad. This blog will follow the transformation of this fictional railroad from it's N-scale beginnings to a route in Trainz. Currently, the route is being developed in Trainz 2010.

The back story of the ACRR is that it was born in 1983, when line was purchased from the crumbling Chicago & Illinois Midland RR. The original N-scale layout was a simple switching shelf layout and eventually expanded to a 14' by 8' around the room layout. The layout only included one town, Augsburg, because of the lack of space. However, other towns were "beyond the layout" via interchange tracks.
Layout_zps3da22b9a.jpg

In moving over to Trainz, I decided that I wanted to keep the idea of a branch spur to the industries located in the Augsburg Industrial Park. Several industries changed to reflect more prototypical practice. For example MeGee Storage has become Value Brands, Kraft Foods is now IGA Foods. Another change is that the buildings are larger and more the size of industries that would use rail service.

In my next entry, I will post the current route map.

Back