(Yep, another one) Good quality UK Routes, pre-T:ANE

alexl102

Learning... slowly!
Hi All,

I'm one of those who has been unable to enjoy the quality of T:ANE as my current hardware can't take it (not a moan - just qualifying why T:ANE is on my graphic at the top!)
I've become a little bored of the routes that I've got at the moment and I'm looking for some more good quality UK routes. Preferably not massive routes but ideally more than a single stretch as Lavenham is - branch lines are ideal. Industrial layouts also good! Ideally I'd prefer routes designed for TS10 or TS12, purely becasue the quality tends to be higher.

My current list includes:
Ashburton - Windrush
Much Murkle Redux
S&C pack
ECML
Cornish Mainline
Duchy Days 1970s
Armandale Valley Railway
GB UK Keighley & Worth Valley
Fort William - Mallaig
Lavenham in Winter
Leeds - SHeffield Early BR
Midshire Mainline
North Wales Coast
Tristyn & District

Any recommendations gratefully appreciated! I flit between different eras so anything will be considered.

Look for the TS12 version of Paddington - Westbury. On DLS search user name nawlins.

You can select the default session that uses the 1980s layer or create your own session for the 2000s layer.

Cheers

Try Queen St Glasgow this also features a working version of the Falkirk Wheel.
you already have some of my favourites.

Ken

Take a look at my route...IC_The Moors Railway...<kuid:99333100278>...and a session that goes with it...PickGros...<kuid:99333:100259>...A route based on the line in North Yorkshire from Pickering in the South to Grosmont in the North...Enjoy!
Ian

Thanks for referencing my three routes. I've been working on an update to Much Murkle to build-in some more operational options, so hope to upload soon.

Paul

Yours are great; the detail is excellent and mostly they're about the right length! I like branchline routes.

Search for username nawlins ;)

Cheers

I should have mentioned that the session is <KUID2:117948:1051:1>. Download this session and you get the route as well (of course).

You may also be interested in Fort William- Mallaig 1984-TS09. The primary session is <KUID:117948:1047>, There are three other sessions.

Cheers

Downloading the Paddington route at the moment! Thanks. I had the Fort William sessions in TSMac1 but with there often being a half-hour wait before the user's train left, they were a little less to my taste. Appreciate the shout though, and further recommendations always welcome! Think I'll have to just search your username on CM, nawlins!

Last edited:
Here's a tough spin on it: are there any TANE UK routes that have vegetation detail that matches that of this TS2016 add-on? I'm looking for something that has very, very realistic vegetation, I didn't see much ground texture there, it was all 3D :eek: .

Last edited:
Downloading the Paddington route at the moment! Thanks. I had the Fort William sessions in TSMac1 but with there often being a half-hour wait before the user's train left, they were a little less to my taste. Appreciate the shout though, and further recommendations always welcome! Think I'll have to just search your username on CM, nawlins!

I should point out that the Paddington and Fort William routes were collaborations. Although they have my username, research and historical accuracy was provide by tmz06003 Additionally both routes were originally created by other folks who generously gave us permission to update and expand them. As far as the Fort William sessions go, you can always clone them to your kuid and modify them as you please. Have fun!

Cheers

just curious re armandale valley railway am running a express from Lowfell station to Bolton Abbey running at speed 50mpr till it get to the first tunnel from Lowfeel when the speed drops to about 22 mph all the way to Bolton Abbey can you offer any help why this is happening Cheers Paul

Back