UTAH Trax makes a booboo...

magickmaker

It's going to cost them a good bit to fix this, talking with some of the public relations guys, but for now it's rather amusing to railfains and historians alike.

When creating their new streetcar line, they decided to pay homage to the railroads that built the area. This particular streetcar area follows an old Rio Grande branch that served the "Sugarhouse" area. To do this, they placed some specially bent rails, spikes, and seemingly hand hewn ties up in an artistic manner to frame a few things that tell some of the history of this area.

Problem is, apparently the company they contracted to make the memorial, well, they put a typo in it. One that to fix, the company is having to go back and remove a whole section of the memorial.

On the side of one of the major components of the memorial, it reads DR&G....

UTAH Trax shouldn't have to pay to have their artwork repaired. The original contracting firm should do that for free, although if the transit agency officials didn't proof the work before signing off on it, well then there's a bigger problem and they'll have to eat the cost on have it redone.

I saw a similar thing along a bike trail nee former B&M branch line. There was a big sign about this short cut branch, that went on and one about it, blah, blah, blah, then referred to the donating railroad as CXS instead of CSX. I don't know if anyone fixed the sign because I don't live in that area.

John

Back