US Metropolitan Route

prre6

** Fire Department**
I have started to make a new route called the US Metropolitan Route. It is a freelance route of the Northeast (I'll try to include some electric activity) serviced by Amtrak. It starts in the fictional city of Carson, Connecticut, and rolls southwestward towards eire using New York and Philadelphia based cities as benchmarks for station stops. Here is what I have so far...

Carson North Terminal (Carson is a large city. It will end up having three stations.) A metro station is on the side as a connection into the city. I plan to have a portal there to swallow up trains as skyscrapers cover up the entrance.

trainz2011060917500631.png

I love the Platform_350m station. It allows me to rename tracks. These are shots of the tracks names (so even I won't confuse myself writting activities!) :hehe:

trainz2011060917494282.png

trainz2011060917493436.png

Carson is designed to be a shipping city, so there will be a port container industry in the inner city.
trainz2011060917501740.png

Feedbeck and tips are appriciated. This route is going on the DLS (hopefuly) so it should be created jointly with the people who download it. Thanks in advance! Thanks to imageshack for free online hosting.

Fred

I have always toyed with the idea of creating a huge multi State route, or cross country route, all on 100 or so baseboards, by condencing the scenes to just the important famous railfanning sites, and skipping all the filler terrain.

One could do from South Phila Yard and Poavnia NJ Yard, and do 30th Street and Zoo interlocking, then skip on to Paoli, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Huntingdon, Tyrone, Altoona, Horseshoe, Cresson, Cassandra, Johnstown, Pitcairn, Pittsburgh, all inside of 100 or so baseboards.

Well my thinking is this: if they could do it in MSTS, we can do it in Trainz! Except its not "we" it's "I." And it's not a HUGE multi-state route. It'll be like the NEC between Philadelphia and Washington on MSTS. Detailed and long, except it'll have operating secondary (on this route non-passenger industries) industries.

I have some updated shots.

The Port of Carson.
trainz2011060921524339.png

The Station updated. Carson North Terminal has a Metro-North station added on to the main Amtrak station for service to the Port of Carson and other points south.
trainz2011060921424331.png

These are the three Carson River bridges.
trainz2011060921401591.png

Thanks to Imageshack for free online hosting!

Fred

I love the use of the MKT Missouri River Bridges:hehe: (sorry, that's the inner Katy freak talking, not me).

Great route. I added a small commuter line to a route i'm building. It's fun to run them on AI, and then be the wayfreight on the branch having to dodge out of the way every 10 or so minutes as one of these things comes barreling by. :D

Looks pretty sweet so far. :) I personally prefer fictitious routes to real ones. So you're going to include some real cities along the route? If so, how will you incorporate the actual layout of the city to conjoin with the fictitious right-of-way?

Thank you all for the kind words! I plan to post some updated pictures soon. So far I have made it down to the airport which will be halfway between Carson and the next city on the route. And if you guys know any good city names please post them since I'm having trouble making up names!

Looks pretty sweet so far. :) I personally prefer fictitious routes to real ones. So you're going to include some real cities along the route? If so, how will you incorporate the actual layout of the city to conjoin with the fictitious right-of-way?

As for that, what I meant by this was that they are model cities for the fictious ones I plan to make.

Fred

Here are some updated shots.

Taken from track 3B, this is a shot of Downtown Carson. The horse on top of the station building is of the statue infront of the station.
trainz2011061311024405.png

This is another shot of Carson North Terminal. Here you can see the statue clearly and the auto train terminal.
trainz2011061311025861.png

This is a shot of the Carson Airport. I have it far from the city to demonstrate why people should take the train more often: the downtown to downtown access.
trainz2011061311172608.png

Again, any feed-back and suggestions to buildings and design is apriciated.

Thanks to Imageshack for online hosting!

Fred

Hello,

More than one texture is a must. Try using some High Resolution textures. Furthermore, more buildings, are needed in the city. Add some depth to it. Make it look like a real city, as if it goes on for miles. Here is an example from my route:

buffalotrains9320110121.jpg

Furthermore, Grass and Shrubs and tree's, really any Foliage is your friend. I see you have TRS12, which gives you access to wonderfull assets. Try RBMN-Shine by 11alpha for your Tracks, and the YARN road system by Maddy25. The Foliage can be obtained by Jankvis. It's a good start. I'm interested to see how this progresses.

Take care,

Ryan.:wave:

P.S. If you need more idea's on tree's and such, check out this thread;
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=64837&highlight=Buffalo_trains93

Wow. I have just been pwoned. Awesome work! And I didn't know this, but TS12 has most YARN Road in it already. I guess whenever I typed in "road" the system never picked up that I meant all roads. :eek:

Fred

Last edited:
My computer crashed and due to the simulator loosing all of its information and the time it will take for rebuilding the route, this project has been cancelled. :( Mods please close this thread.

Fred

Last edited:
Back