Trying to add a mesh

UnionPacificFan1005

ignore user, GTW foamer
So as the title states, I'm trying to add another mesh onto a locomotive. I'm trying to add a beacon light onto the left and right sides of the cab. I know I have to make an attatchment point, however I was wondering wether I make the attatchment point on the beacon asset or the locomotive mesh? Also, how do I create an attatchment point on a mesh file that isn't a .im? The one I'm trying to use is a .trainzmesh file, and none of the PEVsoft stuff is taking it.

You can't add an attachment point to a trainzmesh file. However you don't need an attachment point to add a mesh to a loco. Just add the mesh to the mesh table and use position and rotation tags to put it in the right place.

You can't add an attachment point to a trainzmesh file. However you don't need an attachment point to add a mesh to a loco. Just add the mesh to the mesh table and use position and rotation tags to put it in the right place.
Is that the position of the beacon asset or the locomotive? Also, how do I find that/select that?

Also, how hard is it to be able to add a beacon lighting effect and be able to be able to enable/disable it under the ctrl+right click menu?

Back