Trainz 19 will not play on iMac

wprattis

Hello All!

I just downloaded Trainz 19 from Steam yesterday. I am using a iMac running macOS Catalina version 10.15.7. When I click on PLAY, it acts like it is about to do something, but then will do on of two things. It will either go from saying PLAY to saying STOP. Or it will say that a session is running when nothing is happening. My processor is 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB. I have a 1TB hard drive with 645.11 GB available. I uninstalled it and then re-installed it. Still cannot play at all. I tried searching the forums but didn't seem to find any answers. I will apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong section of the forum. (if this is the wrong section, forgive me MODS...I used to be a Red Mod on FocusFanatics.com and understand....). :cool:

Hello All!

I just downloaded Trainz 19 from Steam yesterday. I am using a iMac running macOS Catalina version 10.15.7. When I click on PLAY, it acts like it is about to do something, but then will do on of two things. It will either go from saying PLAY to saying STOP. Or it will say that a session is running when nothing is happening. My processor is 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB. I have a 1TB hard drive with 645.11 GB available. I uninstalled it and then re-installed it. Still cannot play at all. I tried searching the forums but didn't seem to find any answers. I will apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong section of the forum. (if this is the wrong section, forgive me MODS...I used to be a Red Mod on FocusFanatics.com and understand....). :cool:
You have very little in the way of vram , I've run tane with a one gigabyte card , but I think it was beefier than the card you have in your machine. Could be the gpu just isn't up to it.

I see. Guess it's time to look into a computer upgrade. Thanks for the input.

You have very little in the way of vram , I've run tane with a one gigabyte card , but I think it was beefier than the card you have in your machine. Could be the gpu just isn't up to it.

Back