Track Marker Zone Size

Hi,

I've made a car stop marker object as a trackside item where I want trains to stop exactly however the zone of the marker is 20m which I can't see a way of changing in Surveyor. Is there a tag that changes this or would it need to be done through a script?

Thanks,
Chris

As Lewis has mentioned, at the bottom of the "Tracks - Track Mode" tool there is an "Advanced Tab". Click this to open up the tool properties window.

There you will see three buttons and a text entry box.

• The first button allows you to get the "Trigger radius" of any track mark (or trigger) that you then click on. This value is then placed into the text box.
  • The text box allows you to manually enter a radius value.
  • The second button allows you to apply that radius to any track mark (or as many track marks) that you click on.
  • The third button allows you to use the mouse to adjust the radius of any track mark you click on (hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse up or down).

I think a lot of us forget that there actually is a manual for the game.

On the T:ANE start screen, click on "File" and select "View PDF Manual". After looking in the Contents, start looking in the Surveyors section. On page 160 of the manual, the "Advanced Trigger Management" settings are discussed including "Set Radius" with a handy illustration just below the text.

Take care,

I think a lot of us forget that there actually is a manual for the game.

Manual? Who uses a manual? True "geeks" and "Trainzers" never refer to a manual. It is much more fun bumbling about, wasting time and cursing. Besides if everyone read the manual there would be no reasons to complain in the forums about that "@%&$($* useless CM interface"

Manual? Who uses a manual? True "geeks" and "Trainzers" never refer to a manual. It is much more fun bumbling about, wasting time and cursing. Besides if everyone read the manual there would be no reasons to complain in the forums about that "@%&$($* useless CM interface"

LOL! We don't need no sticking manual!

Yeah, well, when all else fails, read the manual. It can be tedious at times trying to find what you need but persistance pays off. I have the gmax Bible and it's been a great help when I get stuck.

Take care,

Thanks for the help - It works perfectly set at 1m - Shame the trains crawl up to it so slowly though :(

Think I need a opticians vists not noticing the advanced tab :hehe:

Regards,
Chris

Most trains do pull in to a stopping point, very slowly, taking quite a few minutes to cut off, or tie up ... They do not just roar in and suddenly screech to a stop

Most trains do pull in to a stopping point, very slowly, taking quite a few minutes to cut off, or tie up ... They do not just roar in and suddenly screech to a stop

Metro and Underground systems do come in at quite a pace before stopping - The Victoria and Central Lines in London are a great example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlQA0MjoCvc
Of course I was talking freight trains, taking a long time to stop ... Passenger trains, and subways, worldwide, do roar into stations, and stop abruptly, like when a Trackmarker is set at the normal default radius setting

That is why I leave: trigger, turnouts, trackmarkers, radius ... etc ... set at normal default radius

Last edited:
The only times I set the radius to anything other than the default is when I want a consist to stop exactly on or as close to the mark as possible and even then it works best with slower consists. Faster consists can overshoot a small radius marker.

Back