The Bramleyline Railway

fen_tiger

Building the Wisbech line
I'm still around and still active sometimes on my Trainz account, but what with now having a very busy and hectic life away from the computer, I cannot find enough time each day to run Trainz 12.

If some of you remember my previous forum thread all about my work recreating the former through route between March and Middle Drove, via Wisbech, I wasn't happy at all about the mention of environment mapping software, especially TransDem, being mentioned on there as I felt the subject matter was starting to encroach what I was trying to achieve, not only on my previous forum thread but also my work so far on building my railway branch line.

Just for now, is a screenshot teaser of what I possibly hope to continue with on here, as long as life away from the computer doesn't get too busy and hectic and that TransDem doesn't get mentioned around me - I don't like that software at all. The mention alone of TransDem eventually drove me off these forums and Trainz 2012 completely for a long time and have just recently got back into it in a big way.

I have only built, to date, the main line between March and Wisbech just to ensure I have got the compass alignment and distance measurements (in metres) correctly matching up to the prototype route. Station buildings, signalling, sidings, yards and level crossing ATLS systems won't be worked on until I have finished the main line first. Track compass alignment and distance measurements are the most important aspects I need to get right first.

Comments, support and suggestions from you of how to improve my route are very much welcomed by me, but please refrain from talking about any environment mapping software. I'm building my route using my local railway books, original signal box track diagrams and the 'google maps distance' website.

* Coldham Station -

* Image uploaded using the 'hostthenpost.org' website

Last edited:
** WORK IN PROGESS ONLY ** (24th October) Large images 1024 x 683/810

Update (24th October) Only the Main line on my Fenland route (and based upon the former real GER branch line 1847-1968) between March and Middle Drove is now in place as I am unable to get enough time on my PC every day now - construction progress is running slow.

Middle Drove Station signal box and level crossing in 1964 and 2014 -

Last edited:
** WORK IN PROGRESS ONLY ** (24th October)

Update - This will be a challenge to build on my route. The former complicated Whitemoor Junction just north of March Station as seen in the 1960s and the start of my version on TS12...

On both images, the main line to Wisbech can be seen running to the north, away into the horizon, whilst leading away to the left the entrance to Whitemoor Marshalling Yards, March TMD and the March to Spalding main line. I haven't yet finished the junction nor the engine headshunt sidings, as seen on the left on the B&W photo. The most difficult part for me was building the diamond double-slip point after a lot of trial, error and swearing. A lot more work is to be done here yet though on my Whitemoor Junction, before I even attempt to build the former yards usng the original LNER track diagrams I have.

Andy.

Last edited:
Back