Swich Lever not working

paperpusher

paperpusher
I created a test route session for a tram route. 2 tracks one in each direction. They merge into one track. I sent the vehicle to the merge tracked track mark, stop, change direction and then requested the vehicle go to a track on the reverse direction (by Track Mark instruction). Although the switch shows it to be going to the correct track, it switches at the last minute to the 'nearest track' and heads on on original track.
This happens with two different types of switches on Tram tracks - Can anyone explain what is going on or advise a fix. Thanx

on TANE SP2 90945
Track1 to track 3, chg dir @ tm1 - instruct train to go to track2/tm2, but it does not switch reverse to return via track1

__________track2_______tm2__sw2___
sw1-------track 3------------tm1----
__________track1______________
view

__________track2_______tm2__sw2___
sw1-------track 3------------tm1----
__________track1______________

Sorry but that diagram does not make any sense to me. What is "track 3"? Also it seems to have a google image of some sort embedded in it which does not show at all.

My first suggestion is that it is very unlikely to be the switches that is causing the problem so swapping to different switches will not make any difference.

My second suggestion is to try the operation manually, without using driver commands. Drive the tram manually and throw the switches manually. Does the problem still occur?

My remaining suggestions would depend on the result of the above experiment.

• It is possibly an AI bug. AI problems have been the cause of many complaints with your particular build of TANE but newer builds are currently undergoing testing and they may solve the issue.
  • It is possible that you may have incorrectly made the junctions (easy enough to do). I would recommend deleting both the junctions (including the surrounding track to the next spline points) and carefully relaying them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rLIEYuqhzmw9yeWg-70YrgbfvnfBGu3e

Here is the link for the screen print. trying it again.
The car would go up the single track, Chg Dir, instructed with TrkMrk to head to outside track but the switch would switch to force car to inside track. It seems the tracks are not connected and forces the vehicle to go around the long way to reach to directed TrkMrk.

The TANE was working well this afternoon and when tried to load it this evening I got this ERROR: Renderer Initialisation Failed

Your further description of the switch problem indicates to me that it has not been correctly made. I would recommend rebuilding it as per my suggestion.

I have no idea about the rendering error message. Others may be able to help there.

Last edited:
Looking at your pic, I would check that the junctions are properly formed. They look kind of tight and I wonder if you have a swishy junction where the diverging track actually swings to the right, causing the switch to throw right for left. I recommend recreating the junctions, maybe make them a bit longer, and see if that fixes the problem.

I have tried sharp curves, easy curves, moved the switch up and down, used other tracks - track straighteners - fix tracks - this does not work
I would be willing to cdp this very small route and send it to out to analyze. The Error rendering problem fixed - rebooted computer.

I do thank you for the responses.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1audrDArHv9mdO3xtATz2wSVju8q-RLc4

I'll take a look at the route. Post it up in your google drive, or One Drive and provide a link.

It could be related to the current retail build 90945/55 where the AI ignore switch settings, track markers, and direction markers. This has been fixed in the current beta.

I've got them and will test in both 90955 (Deluxe edition) and the latest beta for which I can't remember the build offhand.

I'll let you know what I find.

I took a quick look at your route in Build 09955 (Deluxe version)

There are some problems you might want to address and see if this fixes your problem if the problems aren't the result of you poking around some more before putting up the links.

yberwJo.jpg

If you look at the image, you will notice the missing levers.

And the upper switch which is badly formed. For this you need to use the straighten spline tool to form the junction better.

I'll fix this in my copy, clone your session and see how it works.

On the route, the red triangles are Track Marks. The unseen junctions, could have been removed to try another version, or invisible junctions. But I did try various switch junctions that are base installed or available in DLS. In each instance the switch blocked the vehicle from going to the exterior track and forced the switch to return to the inbound track.
Thank-you for reviewing this situation.
I have been using TANE/Trainz for many years and this is the first instance where the switch would not adhere to instruction to change direction.
I used control junction to hold, freeze the direction but this did not work. Yet on another route I have cross-overs for terminal stops and to-date the vehicles follow the programming (Schedule Library) instructions using track marks, signals etc. The fault occurred on a multi-sheet route. This is the same route where the blocking switches has happen. It was a new sheet added to the multi-sheet.
So I decided to create a on new one sheet route to see if the same problem would happen again and it did.
At one time I had a crash while doing this route, it was corrected.
same route: A secondary problem was where a vehicle was directed to a trackmark/station and the vehicle WOULD NOT proceed, there were no switches on this portion. worked around.

I am hoping the new version of TANE will be out soon...
;)

On the route, the red triangles are Track Marks. The unseen junctions, could have been removed to try another version, or invisible junctions. But I did try various switch junctions that are base installed or available in DLS. In each instance the switch blocked the vehicle from going to the exterior track and forced the switch to return to the inbound track.
Thank-you for reviewing this situation.
I have been using TANE/Trainz for many years and this is the first instance where the switch would not adhere to instruction to change direction.
I used control junction to hold, freeze the direction but this did not work. Yet on another route I have cross-overs for terminal stops and to-date the vehicles follow the programming (Schedule Library) instructions using track marks, signals etc. The fault occurred on a multi-sheet route. This is the same route where the blocking switches has happen. It was a new sheet added to the multi-sheet.
So I decided to create a on new one sheet route to see if the same problem would happen again and it did.
At one time I had a crash while doing this route, it was corrected.
same route: A secondary problem was where a vehicle was directed to a trackmark/station and the vehicle WOULD NOT proceed, there were no switches on this portion. worked around.

I am hoping the new version of TANE will be out soon...
;)

I put the switches back in and I had the AI drive between track marks. Alistair crossed over as I specified, but at one point he did decide to go around the long way to the track marks.

I think what we're seeing here is a bit more of the 909x5 bugs. I too can't wait until the new version comes out.

The work around to get the switch to work, was to use Control Junction to instruct direction desired. Next use Autodrive through trackmark, (a TM was created just past the junction) In the Schedule library the three items were placed in order. This forced the locked track junction to remain/allow vehicle to take the outbound track. After after a 'TM passenger stop', I used "Free Junction" and "Release Junction" to ensure inbound vehicles would enter the platform terminal siding without being locked. This was a major work around for the 'locking track switch junction". It is hoped this work around will not be needed on the new SP.

Back