Slugs Shay

rick1958

Hey folks, Rich Blake's (Slugsmasher) shay has always been my go-to shay since it's release. But now the sounds are getting kind'a dated. Is there anyway to incorporate the Williamette sounds to Rich's shay #12. I'm not particularly a purist, rivet counter, so if things don't line up exactly, I'm good with that. It would just be nice to have something a little better then the less-then-desirable '04 chuffing sounds. I have no idea how that programming works, so I'm just asking...Thanks in advance. BTW...The Cass shay sounds are also a huge improvement if that makes any difference.

Hey folks, Rich Blake's (Slugsmasher) shay has always been my go-to shay since it's release. But now the sounds are getting kind'a dated. Is there anyway to incorporate the Williamette sounds to Rich's shay #12. I'm not particularly a purist, rivet counter, so if things don't line up exactly, I'm good with that. It would just be nice to have something a little better then the less-then-desirable '04 chuffing sounds. I have no idea how that programming works, so I'm just asking...Thanks in advance. BTW...The Cass shay sounds are also a huge improvement if that makes any difference.
Looks like it goes in the "can't do" or "too hard to do" box

There is probably an engine sound associated with that shay. I shows up like this in the config.txt file:

enginesound <kuid:475298:100510> (near the top of the file)
4 <kuid:475298:100510> (in the KUID table at the bottom)

Or like this under "List Dependencies:

<kuid:475298:100510> CSRR Shay Steam Sounds

If you don't like the sound of that shay, you can look at other shays and find one with a sound you like. Then you Edit the config.txt file and change the KUID number of the engine sound for your shay (slugsmasher) to the one for the sound of the shay you like. Save and submit edits

There is probably an engine sound associated with that shay. I shows up like this in the config.txt file:

enginesound <kuid:475298:100510> (near the top of the file)
4 <kuid:475298:100510> (in the KUID table at the bottom)

Or like this under "List Dependencies:

<kuid:475298:100510> CSRR Shay Steam Sounds

If you don't like the sound of that shay, you can look at other shays and find one with a sound you like. Then you Edit the config.txt file and change the KUID number of the engine sound for your shay (slugsmasher) to the one for the sound of the shay you like. Save and submit edits
Thanks Forester, but that's exactly how I thought it would be done. But when I point the config to the Cass engine sound. I don't get any errors, but I also don't get any sound. I put it back to Rich's engine sound and everything is fine.

Maybe there is some other configuration step I am missing. The Engine sound files usually have a series of .wav sound files for startup, running, etc. It could be the one you chose was not a match somehow. You could compare the sound files for the two engine sound assets I suppose.

Back