Slow Aspect

3983566.jpg

Flashing Yellow Aspect too

Might also think about Flashing Yellow Aspect too, which prepares the Engineer to expect the Next Signal is Red. That is restrictive. But you'll need to have enough Signals placed in sequence for the Flashing to work.

A flashing yellow, in Canada and the United States, at least on the top or middle heads if there is more than one light, means advance clear to stop (or alternatively advance approach) which means expect the next signal to be clear but not the one after.

Railway signal - Wikipedia

Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Railway_signal

Union Pacific Signals...Flashing Yellow

Trains Magazinehttps://cs.trains.com › trn

Based on your description, the 'always flashing yellow' signal is the SECOND signal from an interlocking ahead (to the east), which interlocking aerials show is ...

Understanding Railroad Signals - Mike Roqué

mikeroque.comhttp://www.mikeroque.com › understanding-railroad-s...

May 8, 2016 — When the top yellow light is flashing it upgrades the signal from an Approach indication to an Approach Medium indication. In the continuing ...

What does a flashing yellow mean?

Trainorders.comhttps://www.trainorders.com › discussion › read

Apr 28, 2017 — a flashing yellow signal train crews call a flasher means advance approach on the UP but on the BNSF it means Approach Medium!!

Those Blinking Signals

UP-Flashing Red Signal?

Flashing Green Signal

What Does Yellow Over Yellow Mean?

On a three headed mast a green on the lowest one is a slow clear, a flashing yellow is a slow approach. Based off of NORAC signals. Other railroads have different ways of displaying this, but I can't find anyway to do it with JR signals.
Edit: Would be useful for junctions and sidings where slow speed (usually 15mph) would be appropriate.

Last edited:
On a three headed mast a green on the lowest one is a slow clear, a flashing yellow is a slow approach. Based off of NORAC signals. Other railroads have different ways of displaying this, but I can't find anyway to do it with JR signals.
Edit: Would be useful for junctions and sidings where slow speed (usually 15mph) would be appropriate.

The JR SL(08) interlocking signals do that for me. The signal flashes and the AI driver slows down to take the crossover or wye as expected.

Well trainz AI is dumb and auto slows to half speed with any signals less than clear. Which head is flashing?

:22 v 1.8 - 08 signals can display slow clear by their own logic

Anyone know what this means or how to use it?

A slow clear is a white signal or lunar signal. I haven't checked but Ctrl-right click on the signal may bring up properties you can use to override the signal.

Well trainz AI is dumb and auto slows to half speed with any signals less than clear. Which head is flashing?
This is prototypical operations. When a signal drops to a yellow, the driver is supposed to prepare to stop at the next signal. The flashing signal will depend upon which route the driver is taking. A flashing signal means the signal has been upgraded from whatever the previous indication was to another one such as resume the posted speed, etc., after passing the signal.

I recommend looking at rulebooks and signal websites. There's so much to learn and they're quite interesting too.

A slow clear is a white signal or lunar signal. I haven't checked but Ctrl-right click on the signal may bring up properties you can use to override the signal.

This is prototypical operations. When a signal drops to a yellow, the driver is supposed to prepare to stop at the next signal. The flashing signal will depend upon which route the driver is taking. A flashing signal means the signal has been upgraded from whatever the previous indication was to another one such as resume the posted speed, etc., after passing the signal.

I recommend looking at rulebooks and signal websites. There's so much to learn and they're quite interesting too.
Lunar is Restricting not a slow clear. The bottom light would be green for a slow clear.

I am not sure how I've missed this thread for so long. What happened here was the 08 could not display Slow clear even if it was told to by an external source at first. There still isn't a condition for them to show Slow aspect on their own right out of the pack, because that would surely require a special situation that any attempt to automatically apply it would likely be incorrect, but would need a special trigger logic circuit or interlocking tower config to tell them to display Slow (or tell them to display state 10). So at least they can do it now.

Ah ok. I was always curious, because no matter how I tried to arrange the signals I couldn't get them to do it. Would it be possible someday to add a check box option, similar to the "route is limited speed"?

Back