Several questions in one, but all have to do with end of track buffers

Hi all
First, In a roundhouse scenery item, can the end of track buffer be built into the model somehow?? I have a 3-track loco shed needing these but have always added them once the building was in place. I'm trying to make it better!

Second, I need someone's great generosity. Can someone kindly email me a gmax of what the buffer that is also on the download station should be like so I can engineer it into the model and know how the config file works on it? I've found many great tutorials and gmax's out there but never found one on the end of track buffer. I just do not know what points need to be on it.

thank you all.

VR
Mike d

If you take the roundhouse and change it to kind-scenery, you can attach trackside objects

https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Scenery-trackside

KIND Scenery-trackside provides the basis for all track-attached scenery assets, such as trackside signs and devices.

This asset type inherits all map object characteristics except positioning, and adds trackside positioning and TrackSearch semantics.

The config.txt file for a KIND Scenery-trackside asset has the same kind scenery entry as KIND Scenery for historical reasons, however the two kinds are quite distinct and should not be confused. A KIND Scenery-trackside will contain a trackside tag, whereas KIND Scenery does not.

Hi Mike,
1> yes you can just put a mesh of a buffer in your locshed (even with mesh-asset tag if you want)
a train driven under AI or auto-drive, will not go beyond the end of a track normally
under dcc and in cab, you can drive through anything

2> if you use mesh-asset to add that buffer to your shed, you don't need the gmax, just an attachment point
so place a.buffer1 till 3 in your mesh, then add the 3 buffers to your config

Buf1 {
mesh-asset <kuid of the buffer>
mesh "name of the buffer mesh"
att a.bufffer1
auto-create 1
}

hth
greetings GM

Back