Script war?

Ghost42

Well I must admit it is a constant battle with '22.
There was a clashing of doors from the 60ft HC Boxcar CP Vert 1 resulting in a CTD. On firing up again many drivers 'were not in train'.
All seemed to be in order in the session rules and after much faffing a 'restart all rules ' restored sanity.
It may have been a coincidence but a swap-out of boxcars will hopefully cure it.

I can't describe what I pictured in my head when I read the thread-title. ;-)

I've seen similar things like that in the past in T: ANE and in TRS19 where drivers won't move or become stupid and when clicking on them to do anything with them, the program CTDs to the desktop. It could very well be a thread-lock, or a script conflict as you aptly described as a script-war.

CTD bug report sent, in the meantime I have added a 30 minute delay to the sessions in the Schedule Library and deleting one by one, so far the coal trains are blameless :)
A rainy day so that is todays project.CTD seems to happen as the instruction to unload comes from the Resouce Verify Rule (fixed) though the last report in the log is to be logging in to Planet Auran Cache.
I'll set up a session not using the Schedule Library.

Last edited:
CTD bug report sent, in the meantime I have added a 30 minute delay to the sessions in the Schedule Library and deleting one by one, so far the coal trains are blameless :)
A rainy day so that is todays project.CTD seems to happen as the instruction to unload comes from the Resouce Verify Rule (fixed) though the last report in the log is to be logging in to Planet Auran Cache.
I'll set up a session not using the Schedule Library.
Good for you to report the CTD.

Have you tried setting up a quick schedule without the Resource Verify Rule (fixed)?
It could be this rule that's causing the crashes.

The last line where in the log happened to be the last thing that was reported before the crash. It's possible, meaning most likely that TRS22 never had a chance to write anything down before it was struck down by an error.

A word with my senior developer son downstairs says it seems to be logging a report then crashing as I have noted this before when checking the logs.
I started giving instructions in the Driver Setup then getting rid of the Library, a bit laborious so turned my attention to the TRS19 original where it works well.
The fact that I had to download the Schedule Library components for '22 when they were included with'19 tells me someone knew they were incompatable.
I wonder if there is a route/session written for trs22 on the dls with a working Schedule Library setup?
A job for the waybill system I think.

I use the Schedule Library all the time without any issue. I doubt the issue is the Schedule Library and related to the Resource Verify Rule.

I thought that the Schedule Library is built-in and has been since at least TS12. It's not enabled by default and you have to check the box next to it to enable it.

I would listen to your much smarter son. ;-)

With TRS22 and other Trainz versions, there's all kinds of warnings and general data in the log, and many errors that have nothing to do with the issue you have. You can sort of filter out the other messages by clicking on the colored dots, but I doubt you'll see anything in particular. Sometimes, you can be lucky too and get an obvious culprit but those chances are pretty rare.

Sometimes, you can right-click on the KUID and asset associated with the error and view the asset in Content Manager. With access to the faulty asset, you can now edit the asset if it's not built in and repair the problem if it's not something that's too complex such a uniform-texture, or smoke container. For other errors, such as scripts, or LOD, we're out of luck in this regard and it's up to the CRG or the content-creator to repair the assets.

This morning I decided to assemble my usual test circuit, coalmine, power plant, refinery, oil field and apply the Schedule Library, Resouce Verify Rule (fixed) and Driver Schedule to it,, enough going on to finally check that it works.
While laying track there was a CTD.
Points to a hardware problem.
I noticed in another thread that someone installed the latest Win11 patch which cured it, I'll do the same with fingers crossed.
If not back to '19.
I am using a hand-me-down AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT, I'll change back to my previous card if the updates have no effect.
The font-of-all-knowledge has gone away for the weekend :(

This morning I decided to assemble my usual test circuit, coalmine, power plant, refinery, oil field and apply the Schedule Library, Resouce Verify Rule (fixed) and Driver Schedule to it,, enough going on to finally check that it works.
While laying track there was a CTD.
Points to a hardware problem.
I noticed in another thread that someone installed the latest Win11 patch which cured it, I'll do the same with fingers crossed.
If not back to '19.
I am using a hand-me-down AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT, I'll change back to my previous card if the updates have no effect.
The font-of-all-knowledge has gone away for the weekend :(
It could very well be a hardware problem. Install any new hardware drivers and updates available.

Windows 11 had two updates recently with the latest only a couple of days ago. When you do update, check the optional updates as well. This is found under Windows Update, then under Advanced options and install the dot-Net libraries and anything else.

Checked for updates, changed the video card to a Geforce GTX 970, downloaded 'West from Denver -Moffat Route' - it ran like a dream but as soon as I create a simple route, CTD.
At this point the thread will run forever, I'm going to miss the extras in '22 but it is back to TRS19 for now.

I understand. It may be that your older hardware can't quite cope with the extra oomph that TRS22 requires.

One last try, I have uninstalled TRS22, it should take 31 minutes to re-install.
I'll build the simple test route that I was doing previously with NO imports and see how that goes.
Good news, fresh install, test circuit been going for an hour, coal mine, refinery and oil field being fed with the Schedule Library and Resource Verify Rule (fixed).
The source of my problems appears to be my route that I imported from TRS19, it can stay there!

Last edited:
Back