Route / Session

danny5

join 1-1-2005
I would like to know what you can put in a route that won't make you save a session when you go to exit? I know track,switch stand, buildings,landscapping & INDs.
I'ed like to make a list of thing that need to be install in the session only.
I know that session rules & setting up INDs need to be added to the session is there any thing else.?

Settings for ATLS crossings are stored in the session.

Yes, settings for ATLS assets are stored in the session but they CAN also be stored on the Route as well if you want to.

See the instructions in the asset, (press '?') and save each assets name as the blue numbers in the top left. All settings will then be saved to the Route too.

Boat :wave:

Last edited:
I'ed like to make a list of thing that need to be install in the session only.

In general, in session when you have marked the session layer you can do almost everything. The exceptions, which are not possible to use in session layer, are:
all kind of splines, textures, modifications of the ground (low/high) and moving/deleting anything which was already made in the route layer.

i think that making the list is not necessarily, but if you wish you can make this by installing assets one by one and for everyone you installed, try to save(ctrlF2) the session. If the menu is shown that you can save the session then it's ok. But if menu demand to save the new route and the session then this mean that is not good, then click 'don't save' and continue with another assest.

But if you wish to know what session usually contain, then there are at least, rules, driver commands, trains, drivers(names), schedules for the trains/drivers and settings for interactive industries.

regards
celje

Last edited:
Note that portals CAN be saved to a session instead of a route, but this will result in strange effects that dont seem to be related to portals but will resolve when removing the portals from the session and saving them to the route again.

I strongly advice to never add portals to a session but always save to a route, even if you are making multiple sessions for the same route.

Edit:
Why is this topic in the MP forum?

Last edited:
I strongly advice to never add portals to a session but always save to a route, even if you are making multiple sessions for the same route.

Edit:
Why is this topic in the MP forum?

i agree about portals, the best aproach is by using 'quick portal manager' in the session when Portals are already installed in the route. But if you are working in the session layer, then add the additional Portals is very often, if you wish that original route stay untouched.

Last edited:
The reason for this in MP is that i'm doing a route for MP and wanted to know which way to go for MP route / session. There seam to be problems with what go in when.
Should have mentioned that MP. I was going to do all i can in the route and add what i need to in the session.

Back