Random viewing of Locos

I remember reading the methods required to do this, but I do not recall where they were. That said, they have the feel of something that belongs in World.gs. I'm about ready to work on my project a smidge or two, as I have managed to get jEdit to successfully call TrainzUtil and capture the output, but I`ll keep an eye out for anything relevant. I saw one of your posts in a relevant thread over there. The required parent rule, as stated in that thread, is a rule that I do not recall having even heard about before.
You should give Surveyor 2 a decent try, I know it's hard to work out at First... but keep trying.... look at the videos from NV3 and remeber that you can change the hot keys to what ever you like.
I found it a lot easier when i adjusted them to me own liking. Makes it a lot easier to work with.

I am going down the World.GetNamedObjectList hole, wish me luck. heheh
Indeed, much luck, all of it good!
You should give Surveyor 2 a decent try,
I`m not using either Surveyor currently; my migration of Trainz from Windows to Trains is not quite ready to use for route editing. I am making minor progress on my project whilst trying to get jEdit, an editor written in Java, to call TrainzUtil.exe, a Windows executable, in a Wine environment where it can contact the running instance of Trainz, in a manner to do useful stuff, as opposed to merely making the calls without error. I currently can Import from Directory, Commit, and View Errors and Warnings, all from within my editor, but these things are not yet configured in such a way as to be convenient to use. In the process of trying to whip them into shape, I`m making (microscopic) progress on my mystery project.
you can change the hot keys to what ever you like.
Ha, I have told that to other people! Are you sure that you didn`t learn that from me?
I found it a lot easier when i adjusted them to me own liking. Makes it a lot easier to work with.
That`s what I`m trying to do with jEdit and TrainzUtil. I`ve got them working; now I need to get them working the way I want them to.

What are you planning on pulling out of that rabbit hole with you when you emerge?

A Greater knowledge of trainz script......Hopfullly...heheh
==========================================

No, i did not learn changing hot keys from you.....watch a few nv3 videos...heheh

A worthy endeavor. That`s how I learned much of my Trainz-specific scripting skills.

I learned about it by stumbling across it while exploring the program.

How are things coming along with regard to using the random-loco-selection script?

That is a limitation that I would like to see removed. Unfortunately, that requires the kind of debugging that I`m not prepared for at the moment.

Create a Locomotive consist(picklist.?) with 7 locos.
Randomly select a loco from this loco_consist.
Create a Train from a rolling_stock consist(picklist.?).
Set down Rolling_Consist at Start_Trackmark1, position from start of Track.(Does this appiles also to TrackMarks.?)
Set down Locomotive in front of Rolling_Consist. OR
Couple up loco & consist Before Setting Down on TrackMark.

This what my NEW project will look like, something that i was doing about 20years ago with Trainz2004.... I think...
Was a chap who was making a stand alone program for making Scenario's. That is what Sessions were called back then.
Was helping him BETA TEST.....
The problem was Auran was allways changing the format of (forgot what the program was called) that he could look at using a hexe scanner or something like that. So he gave up in the end, was a shame I and the others testers really like what he was doing.
I think that Session are a whole lot better than the Scenarios ever were.

Enough of me rattling on, you can now go back what ever you were doing.. :giggle: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back