NEW ROUTE-CSX COLUMBIA SC to SAVANAH GA.

Finally the tiny town of Denmark is nearing completion. Here's the first of what will be many shots from this small town.
For the first time in over 75 years trains meet at the Denmark Train Station. At one time this would have been Southern and Seaboard Air Line. Now it's CSX and NS
Denmark1_zpsb9b973fe.jpg

NS Heritage units Savannah and Atlanta, and Southern ride on rails that are not in place today. This entire scene is not in place. These were the good old days
Denmark2_zpsc1454ddb.jpg

Today's CSX crosses the long gone ACL line to Sumter SC. Today CSX and Amtrak call on Denmark, and only Amtrak stops there. For CSX Denmark SC is only a blip on the radar.
Denmark3_zps52d81acb.jpg

CSX Florence Divsion V5.0

Sorry for the delay with updates. Things have been very busy here. Following are over 60 screen shots of the Town of Denmark SC on the CSX S and A Lines and the old Southern line through town
Amtrak train #92 coming into Denmark
amrail2000_20130331_0000_zps3326683c.jpg

amrail2000_20130331_0068_zpsbe6f61ed.jpg
amrail2000_20130331_0067_zps2ad7d486.jpg
amrail2000_20130331_0063_zps4c617a3a.jpg
amrail2000_20130331_0062_zpsc273fa88.jpg
amrail2000_20130331_0061_zpsf8a1ef58.jpg
amrail2000_20130331_0060_zps06c07aa0.jpg
amrail2000_20130331_0059_zps4b4b068f.jpg

amrail2000_20130331_0060_zps06c07aa0.jpg

Last edited:
Looking awesome !!!! I not into modern so much but the talent out there making Prototype is awesome!

I am interested... but, This page can't be displayed
  • Make sure the web address http://www.saxrt.com is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.
@pdkoester, Sorry for the dead, I need to get off my duff and get that fixed. The following is the active link for SAXT's home page http://saxrt1.wix.com/new-page you can also access our forums from the home page or direct by following this link http://saxrt.freeforums.org/index.php I look forward to seeing you there. We welcome everyone and having fun is our number one rule.
@Kon1786 I greatly thank you for your kind words. As a side note, all the track on the route is back dated to circa 1923.
And finally as of this minute track is in place from Columbia South Carolina, to Fairfax South Carolina. This is a distance of 77.8 miles. Also track is in place from Denmark SC to Cope SC a distance of 10.1 miles. This does not account for sidings at Dixiana SC to Eastman Chemical (ETCX reporting marks) which would add another 2.2 miles. Now in Fairfax SC, I do plan to add the track west to Yemasee SC and then on to Charleston while the S-line will go into Savannah and Folkston GA.

The entire route will be upgraded before any release is done. At this time this time the main line is some 28 miles from Savannah. But with that, there is a lot of track with in the city of Savannah that needs to done. Now if you want updates on the route then you will have to go to the SAXT forums as I am no longer posting updates here. Also I very seldom ever post here any more. You can get to our forums by clicking on the link under my signature.

now laying down track in Savannah, Georgia. Phase 1 nearing completion, still a lot of work to do before phase two starts.

CSX Florence Divsion Route Update

here is a small update. At this time, track is place from Sumter, SC to Savannah, Georgia. Now with all of its yard and NS and CSX having a large presence there, the town alone is going to take time to do. At this time I have one 28 track yard complete and a 36 track yard in progress. Now I'm funny about one thing. I do not like posting progress shots. These are only two of the yards that are in Savannah. I still have several for Norfolk Southern and CSX and Savannah State docks to install. Also considering their proximity to active tracks, I also have Savannah International Airport and Hunter Army Airfield to install. This does not include all the ports and tracks that support those ports. In essence, Savannah is a route all to it's own. Same as Carolina Eastman in Cayce. Further I will not post screen shots until areas are complete. I will say this, the last train I ran non stop from Cayce to Savannah took me around 2 hours. That was just to the Savannah Amtrak Station. If any one wants a preview of the Savannah Georgia section of the route, please look it up on Google Maps. There is no way I could even think about getting the completed city in one or even 10 screen shots. Yes it is that big. For now, I have a diagram showing route worked and the goal for each phase. Please note, that NS, CSX and Amtrak are on this route. While this is a CSX route, just as much attention to NS is given. So if one likes NS you will be able run some decent trains. Although the focus is the CSX lines.
1504361_604598619575200_996579815_o.jpg

All screen shots will be posted on the SAXT Forums. Just click on the link below my signature

I am excited to see the release of this route. I grew up in NC and live in GA now, so I'm a fan of both NS and CSX. Any rough guess on when this route will be available? Thanks!

Back