How to add a Driver inside the Interior of a Loco?

Trainzisfun

Hello everyone, so I have a question that im curious about and was wondering if there’s a way how to do it.

So my question is, so once I install a locomotive of any kind from the download station store and that locomotive doesn’t include a driver person to be inside or be visible inside the loco, does anyone therefore know how I can add a driver person inside the interior of the locomotive or in other words know how I can make the driver person be visible inside the interior of the locomotive to make it look like someone is driving the train once i play it in I believe surveyor mode or actually in driver mode?

Reason why im asking is because I installed couple of locos from the download station which was the CSX GP40 and etc, and every time I play it in the surveyor or driver mode actually, there seem to not be a driver visible in the interior. This also applies to any other locomotives as well like NS or etc.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

You have to be in driver in order for drivers to appear in the locomotive. Clicking on a locomotive then clicking the 1-key on the numbers across the top of the keyboard will put you inside the locomotive.

If you want to add a driver to a locomotive, click on the driver list while in a driving session, and then click the plus to add a new driver. Scroll the list, click on the driver you just added, and then click on move driver to locomotive and you choose your locomotive.

You have to be in driver in order for drivers to appear in the locomotive. Clicking on a locomotive then clicking the 1-key on the numbers across the top of the keyboard will put you inside the locomotive.

If you want to add a driver to a locomotive, click on the driver list while in a driving session, and then click the plus to add a new driver. Scroll the list, click on the driver you just added, and then click on move driver to locomotive and you choose your locomotive.
Ah, okay I see. But the thing is I don’t see the driver visible inside the locomotive tho

Ah, okay I see. But the thing is I don’t see the driver visible inside the locomotive tho

Ah wait hold on so as in I have to be in driver mode in order for drivers to appear or be visible inside the locomotive? And if so, how exactly do I do that in drivers? Like what button or thing do I have to press or click?

Did you then move the driver to your locomotive? I may have forgotten a step...

Once you click on the move driver to a locomotive, you then click on the locomotive you want the driver to move to. The driver should then appear in the cab.

Did you then move the driver to your locomotive? I may have forgotten a step...

Once you click on the move driver to a locomotive, you then click on the locomotive you want the driver to move to. The driver should then appear in the cab.
Yep I did that and nothing is happening

What loco are you trying to add a driver to?

Remember you have to be in either the session editor, or in Driver itself for this to work, otherwise nothing will occur.

What loco are you trying to add a driver to?

Remember you have to be in either the session editor, or in Driver itself for this to work, otherwise nothing will occur.
CSX GP38-2 from the DLS, but also Dash 9-44cw NS from the DLS also doesn’t have a driver visible inside the loco

Without the KUID numbers, I really don't know what the locomotives are, but there's the chance that these locomotives don't have any interiors to support any drivers in the first place to add to the confusion.

Try the method I told you with some built-in locomotives to ensure that your process works. This will confirm that the assets themselves are the issue.

Without the KUID numbers, I really don't know what the locomotives are, but there's the chance that these locomotives don't have any interiors to support any drivers in the first place to add to the confusion.

Try the method I told you with some built-in locomotives to ensure that your process works. This will confirm that the assets themselves are the issue.
Okay, yeah true and yeah it could be that, but I will try your method and make sure. Thanks so much for your help!

Back