Hay Branch Progress

iure

as I was unable to insert these screenies in the australian thread ,for some reason beyond my figuring(notwithstanding I'm logged in when I hit "post reply "I get sent to the log-in page.), I present them here .If some moderator is then capable of moving this thread to its proper place please feel free.

@Boobless ed

I can't reply in ozzie screenies 4 some reason and here is just as bad almost ...give me a few days till they fix the forum please

Iure, your doing the Hay Branch Line in NSW, Australia ????

How very interesting and if my guess of the location is correct, how far are you going. Noel (nbrettoner) and myself are working on an old disused line from Tocumwal to Narrandera. At the moment though a lot of time has be spent on research of a WWII US Airfield at Tocumwal, at least 2 years researching by Noel. We want to do the Airfield some justice and remember the great efforts of those in the past.

Let me know either here or by email if my guess as to your route is correct. Maybe we can meet at Narrandera and have a beer or coffee together :D :D :D

Craig
:):):)

I drove through Hay around last new year on the way to Sydney - you've really captured the feel of this part of the country! Nice one!

Paul

@seeseemewell I'm only doing a bit at a time, first to Marrar from Junee of course( connecting to PGibbons Junee 2006 - trs2006 only) but eventually to Hay.I'm using GoogleEarth for elevation reference and compass heading and other sources too but not dem cause I don't know how to use or implement the maps so if we keep to a standard/common height reference we could probably meet at Narranderra for a coldie but it won't be next week!
@paulzmay, thanks for the complement but I'm sure the colours change with the seasons so someone else who's from that area will probably say I'm right off mark.

Last edited:
Hi Iure,

I thought you where planning to extend on Peter's great work. I am not sure if you have already done this but if not it may help you.

DeRiCo (on the forum) has many plans of rail yards and some dating back many years. For our layout (which will not be complete for some time :D ) I am using the plans for the yards from the 1940's. If you contact Dennis (DeRiCo) he many be of great assistance. The only problem you may find is that the amount of detail is extensive and to see it all in one image means the detail is very small. What I do is to use Paint Shop Pro (or any other similar program will do) and cut out a section, print that bit and then do the same again until I have the whole lot printed (usually about 4 prints). This way I am able to see all the details and measurements, they are extremely details down to the foot :D .

Hope this helps.

Craig

ok seeseeme thanks for that info ,I intend to do the layout more 60's era though trying to respect original yard layouts.If I need more I'll contact derico.I must inform though that I'm not extending the layout more than 1 or 2 baseboards from the track as too many scenery items drag performance down ,even if I've got a high spec comp and card.
till the next report....

ok seeseeme thanks for that info ,I intend to do the layout more 60's era though trying to respect original yard layouts.If I need more I'll contact derico.I must inform though that I'm not extending the layout more than 1 or 2 baseboards from the track as too many scenery items drag performance down ,even if I've got a high spec comp and card.
till the next report....
You may still want to contact Dennis (DeRiCo) as he has maps of the stations and yards for various periods, such as 1920, 1940, 1960 it just depends on changes I think but I have some diagrams going back to the late 1800's.

We also will not be to far off the track either due to performance of TRS, but remember that a lot of the country is just landscaping here and there so any major content would be in the small communities and towns.

Craig

yes craig,I've just sent him a message via this new forum send message system ,hope it works

progress slowed due to
1 (European ) school holidays therefore my kids have taken over the computer till september
2 summer heat therefore can only work mornings or late night
3 landscaping off google earth isn't the easiest
but it's coming along.Not only but having started the route on a hi spec comp I copied onto my 6600gt card comp and I've had to cut out a lot of scenery items due to poor fps.
Happy summer/winter all

Back