Fictionnal US Route: Pine Wood.

casey38

Belgium Routes
Hi everyone,
I've started and completed this fictionnal US route under TRS 2004.
This morning, while browsing my old CDP's files, i've came up with my Pine Wood route.
I've launched the CMP and the importation went just fine.
I thought it could be nice to post some screenies here just to let ou see and get your comments.

Just getting out of little Pine Wood city and crossing an urban area.
The exit if the town.

Out of Pine Wood, you have to deal with serious gradients. You'll meet an little forestry facilty, it's a branchline.

On the same way, here's Woodford Junction.

As this journey continues, we're about to cross "The Rapides" bridge, a very scenic place.

Our coal train is passing the Fieldbirds passengers station.

Getting out of the Fieldsbirds area, you are about to cross a desert part of the route ... Hot, dry and ... Long !

The route is fitionnal but build as a real one: gradients, curves, yard ... All is done to allow the modelist viewer to have ball using the route ... Now, the driver simmer will be delighted to deal with serious controls to hold the train running OK.

Still in the desert.

Located in the middle of this desert, here is Sandytown, with its little freight depot.

A little place called "Waterland".

Crossing a highway.

Westfields is near us now.

Westfields is a little city, with a large yard. Note that, while exiting the town, you'll have to deal with such a curve AND gradient ... So, be prepared to show all your skills.

Not very away from this town, there's a cool place to be. It's just like a little camping, and many people are aware that this little jetty is just fine.

I told you before that this route was scenic ... Here we go on our way to Clarcksville. But before, we will cross a forest area.

The next particular place to discover now is the Clarcks Mine facility.
There's a branchline leading the mining complex.

We're getting near Clarcksville.

Here's the little town's yard with huge potential shunting operations.

Out of this location, we will have to go through another forrest. Note that the "Heart forrest tunnel" is another scenic place ... Be warn to wistle before entering and getting out of it as tourists are curious to visit that location.

Another touristic spot is "The Pic Nic point".

Getting near the end now.
Pleasant Valley is right there ... Large yard, and passengers staion.
I hope you've enjoyed this little trip.

André.

Very nice work there, Real talent. I really like this and when will it be out for download?

Is it a frame-rate killer in the forest?

:udrool:

AWSOME WORK!!!

Last edited:
Excellent pics. Your texturing is spot on, particularly the desert textures. If I was being picky I would say that the bridge would benefit from being looked at. Something about it doesn't seem quite right. Maybe if you took out the two middle piers and put in some suspension cables or a truss arch it would be much better, but thats just me being pedantic (as usual!)

Well done anyway, it is very good.
Best wishes,
Padster

Thanks for the comments !

@ kcdowdy,

Since many of the trees used to "populate" the forest areas are "built-in" game, i can assure you that you won't experience bad FPS performances using this route. So, this route should be suitable for many configurations assuming that correct performances set up has been previousely done.

Now, i have to re-touch some little things and the route should be downloadable in the next few days.

It'll be a freeware asset available ONLY on my site.

I'll post others screenies here and let you know the next details.

@ titaniclover,

Thanks for the kind words, mate.

@ Padster

I do think you're right.

I've seen that before and already tried to work it out. But, anytime i try to correct something in a spot, then another thing is going wrong in another part of the bridge.
So, i will try again, but in the worst case, i could have to let it like it is at the moment.

Cheers,

André.

Back