Fatal Error!!!

HOscaleido

Driver in training
I don't know what happened, I was playing TC, turned it off to go to the store, come back and now I can't even get it to start. The fatal error screen keeps popping up when I try. Something wrong with the launcher or something. Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!:'( :'( :'(

That didn't do anything. Someone please help. I have a route that i've been working on nonstop for 6 months now. The last thing I want to do is have to re-install the whole game.

try rebooting the pc? also, (don't know your windows version) but open up task manager and see if its running (had that happen where it wouldn't launch and it was already running just in background for some reason) hope that helps

DO NOT PANIC!!
If you take your time, don't install any new programs until you have TS working again, just in case something gets overwritten.

Which TS version are you running?

Did your computer go into hibernation mode?
Some systems crash after hibernation.

Your shortcut may be broken. Try running TS directly from the folder it is installed in.

I hope that you have a good backup of your route. I cannot imagine losing 6mos of work.
I do routine backups of my current work every night, to a different hard drive (removable) than the game drive.
I also do full backup of everything in Local and World every week, also to the removable hdd.

If you need to re-install TS, first back up everything in Local folder. That will give you a chance of recovering your work after the re-install.
Another option I would choose it not to re-install into the same directory/folder as the current install. Then your Local folder will not be removed/replaced.

I have found that TS2009, and 2006 will run without being re-installed after a Windows crash.
I had them on a different hdd than my system drive, and after re-install, I just re-created the shortcut and it worked. Only issue was in CMP the status would not show correctly for content that was faulty or had missing dependencies.

FW

DO NOT PANIC!!
If you take your time, don't install any new programs until you have TS working again, just in case something gets overwritten.

Which TS version are you running?

Did your computer go into hibernation mode?
Some systems crash after hibernation.

Your shortcut may be broken. Try running TS directly from the folder it is installed in.

I hope that you have a good backup of your route. I cannot imagine losing 6mos of work.
I do routine backups of my current work every night, to a different hard drive (removable) than the game drive.
I also do full backup of everything in Local and World every week, also to the removable hdd.

If you need to re-install TS, first back up everything in Local folder. That will give you a chance of recovering your work after the re-install.
Another option I would choose it not to re-install into the same directory/folder as the current install. Then your Local folder will not be removed/replaced.

I have found that TS2009, and 2006 will run without being re-installed after a Windows crash.
I had them on a different hdd than my system drive, and after re-install, I just re-created the shortcut and it worked. Only issue was in CMP the status would not show correctly for content that was faulty or had missing dependencies.

FW
Thanks for helping. I am running version 3. I've tried starting it from the folder, but I keep getting a runtime error. I think that what happened was while I was about to go to the store downloading something from the DLS, my computer froze. I had to cut the computer off. Then when I came back and tried to start it, the fatal erroe kept popping up. I realized this when I clicked on the content manager. I got an error message there, too. Please anyone. Is there anyway I can save this?

Back