F.M.A. --- SNCF postal vans - BETA

vendel

FMA special correspondent
May I introduce some simple creations. I'm too lazy to finish and adjust them for uploading, but yet I hope you will enjoy these beta versions.

features:
- animated doors: skipped
- interior: skipped
- night-mode: skipped
- industry function: skipped
- train-end mesh: granted

001rh0.jpg

002yj3.jpg

003zk4.jpg

004rm7.jpg

005hj2.jpg

DOWNLOAD

(the pack contains all required assets...for your comfort)

regards
vendel :)

You've made my day !

Vendel,

Don't know how to say it better ...

Those French postal cars are just perfect ... Guess it'll be a must have asset !

I'll pass the news on the French forum.

So, thx again !

André

Wow these are beautiful! I was building a french route a few months ago and thought we could really do with some PTT cars, you must have read my mind :D

Very nice, downloading now.

JB

It is beautyful, but Error: Unable to open CDP file 'D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G5MFSTMV\FMA_SNCF_postal_van_pack_BETA[1].cdp' for reading...:eek:

???

@ DaSnakke - it's interesting, but why do you try to open anything from

D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G5MFSTMV\...

folder? :cool:

What era would these cars run in?

Did a bit of research, here's what I found.

- The vans painted in all-over dark red were introduced from 1924 onwards (1st and 3rd pics)
- From 1945 onwards (after WWII) they acquired a grey roof. (2nd pic)
- In the 60s they were repainted into their browney-yellow livery (4th pic)
- The "La Poste" TGV sets were introduced in 1978, and between 1985 and 1988 the vans were repainted into the yellow and white "La Poste" livery to match the TGVs (5th pic)
- The vans were retired from service in 1995, although a number have been preserved.
- The 7 half-tgv sets (3 sets + 1 spare half) still run to this day and were given a new livery in 2006

Hope this helps

JB

@ DaSnakke - it's interesting, but why do you try to open anything from

D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G5MFSTMV\...

folder? :cool:
Instead of 'Save as' I select 'Open':) when downloading the file.

Back