Can't set antialiasing in Trs2010

jjeff1955

No matter what setting I choose in the Nvidia control panel setting do not take effect in trainz 2010 jagies everywhere. Using 8800 Ultra video cards. Trs2006 works great and graphics look good. Trs 2010 fails my expectations very badly. Draw distance pops in and out and hidden ground invisible roads pop above the surface and roads:( tear up into jaggies when scrolling around the map.

Wxp Pro Sp3
Cpu phenom 965 3.4ghz
2gigs ddr2 Kingston hyper X
2x 8800 Ultra video cards non sli
Nvidia 197 drivers
1100 watt Psu

Last edited:
G'Day jjeff1955, welcome to the wonderful world of TRS2010:hehe:, You can set the antialiasing in game just cannot think where at the moment but it is where all of the in game video settings are.
Regards
Barrie

Thanks gremlin1812

Thank You for the reply. I found the problem it was the Nvidia drivers. I had to go back to the 191.07s and that fixed the problem as I use the 16xQ settings for best quality and perfomance is still good with the 8800 Ultras. But the Trs2010 has severe issues with the draw distance in drive mode:udrool: and the ground still tears at the roads and base plates:n:. Trs2006 does not do this. I have pretty much given up on 2010 as most of the great content from 2006 will not work in 2010 Maddy25s Split highway ramp will not work and can not be repaired as it can not find the light tga file. That ramp is a very good piece of work that Maddy25 created and it is waisted in this so called wonderful Trs2010 Lol Lol!:mop: 2006 is the way to go and forget Speed trees. I found a few antimated trees on the DS and they work pretty fair.

G'Day jjeff1955, are you running in direct x or open gl I found the latter the better, also if a route/session is fault free it is better to run in native mode.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Barrie

Thanks for you advice.

I will check to see if Native mode is on. I have tried opengl and it is not as smooth a little more hitchy. Directx is the one that works best for 2006 and seems to for 2010. Thanks again for all of your suggestions.:)

Thank You for the reply. I found the problem it was the Nvidia drivers. I had to go back to the 191.07s and that fixed the problem as I use the 16xQ settings for best quality and perfomance is still good with the 8800 Ultras. But the Trs2010 has severe issues with the draw distance in drive mode:udrool: and the ground still tears at the roads and base plates:n:. Trs2006 does not do this. I have pretty much given up on 2010 as most of the great content from 2006 will not work in 2010 Maddy25s Split highway ramp will not work and can not be repaired as it can not find the light tga file. That ramp is a very good piece of work that Maddy25 created and it is waisted in this so called wonderful Trs2010 Lol Lol!:mop: 2006 is the way to go and forget Speed trees. I found a few antimated trees on the DS and they work pretty fair.

The content will work in TS2010. There are two routes you can take to make it work.

1) Repair the content, or 2) Run the program in Compatibility mode.

1) The repairs are fairly easy. Most cases they are simple typos in the configuration files that need to be removed or updated. In other cases, using PEVSoft' PM2IM and TEX2TGA will fix a majority of the graphics issues.

Regarding Maddy's road intersections. This is a PM2IM fix. She has also put some updated versions of the same asset up on the DLS to solve this issue.

2) This is the simple fix, and should allow most older content to work without needed updates.

The video drivers can be an issue with an older card. I recently upgraded my computer and went to a 275 from the 8800. The 8800 is a great card, but being older hardware the newer drivers aren't as good for it even though it is supported in the driver set, so you backdating the driver to an older version was the best thing to do.

If you still suffer from performance issues, try switching to DirectX from Open/GL to see if this helps. I've also heard of problems with older AMD motherboards having bottleneck issues with certain video cards. I'm not sure if this is one of them.

With TS2010 the program will lower its display quality when there are non-copliant assets such as track splines. Try updating and using currently-created track, you'll notice a big difference. In some cases, if it's a route you're building yourself, you may have to redo a complete baseboard. I noticed that older-built baseboards don't always display as nice as the freshly built ones. Could it be that I used very old assets, or too many spline objects, etc.

So in reality, the program isn't as bad as you think. Work with TS2010 a bit more and you'll be very rewarded in the end.

John

Thanks for the info.

You are more than likely correct that it is the base boards. I will continue building 6 year old route in TRS2006 and try to make a new route in TRS2010 that way the 5mm cutting will take effect. From what I have seen so far I really like TRS2010 but do to those weird problems that you have answered for me make a lot of sence now. Thank you very much for your support.:)

Last edited:
Back