Advice about Resurrecting SOCAL Subdivisions Main Session

mapsgame

I am wondering if the SOCAL Subdivision’s 175 miles is worth resurrecting by upgrading it to TRS19, with Joe’s permission and full credit for original work? Your thoughts, suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

The Social Subdivisions route by Joe McGuire (aka: socalweb909, cav3man227, kuid:334896). I contacted Joe via the Forum and he confirmed his retirement from Trainz. His route is available for free on his website at: Routes - SoCalTrains (weebly.com) but is not on the DLS. The route has about 175 track miles including:
  • 81 miles of the Cajon Sub, Barstow to San Bernadino.
  • 12 miles of the Cima Sub, Dagett/Yermo to Las Vegas.
  • 16 miles of the Needles Sub, Barstow to Needles.
  • 10 miles of the Alhambra Sub, Colton to Los Angles.
  • 32 miles of the Yuma Sub, SP’s sunset route, Colton to Yuma.
  • 8 1/2 miles of the San Bernardino Sub, San Bernardino to Los Angles.
The route was built for T:ANE and mapped using TransDem and it has a Google imagery UTM tile layer. Its operational and you can run an AI trains from portal to portal. The route has few ground textures, a few buildings but otherwise very little scenery.

David

I would love to see it updated. It looks like it would be quite a commitment, and I am glad to see that his site remains up.

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the available CDP file and installed into TRS19. Found some Missing Dependencies from his website and Trainz KUID Index. Do you recommend TRS19 or TRS22?

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the available CDP file and installed into TRS19. Found some Missing Dependencies from his website and Trainz KUID Index. Do you recommend TRS19 or TRS22?
If you work on the route in TRS19 then TRS22 and Plus users can load it up. This will be the best of both worlds.

On the topic of this route, does anyone else have missing track assets at the Barstow and Colton yards? The mainline track is present everywhere, however both of those yards have invisible track.

On the topic of this route, does anyone else have missing track assets at the Barstow and Colton yards? The mainline track is present everywhere, however both of those yards have invisible track.
After a decent amount of FBI depth internet searching, the missing track asset for both yards can be found here: [link to commonly known content pirating site removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you find the missing track assets?

I did, it is oddly a trainz 1.3 asset and I had to fix it as it references a missing alpha texture (likely missed by older content managers)

I dug it up via archive.org

you forgot the Mojave Subdivision represented via the Palmdale cutoff
there should be a merger of this route and the Mojave Subdivision
there's also a bridge between Hodge and Lenwood that doesn't have one of it's tracks connected, resulting in end of track derailments, as i've discovered.

Back