A.C.E. Centervile to Great America

SuperFudd

Hi all.

My employer is closing the plant here in Union City Ca. 2 miles from my home and transfering me to the Sunnvale plant 22 miles away. 22 crowded miles. I am considering driving 7 miles to the Centervile Amtrak Capitol Corridor / Altamont Commuter Express (A.C.E.) station where I could catch the Capitol or A.C.E. for the 17 minute run to the Great America station and the light rail to 1/2 a block from work on Crossman. I will certainly try it at lest once. If I ride it regularly, perhaps I will be inclined to create it in Trainz. Too bad I can't add it to the already existing Stockton to Fremont (Centervile) route. :(
At least I should be able to use the A.C.E. and Capitol rolling stock.

Sounds cool either way but the streetcar, VTA is it, might be the easier and more reliable.

Cheers

AJ

VTA, is that the light rail? That just takes me from the station to work. It does not go to Fremont much less Union City.

Man that bites. An extra 20 miles. But I guess the bright side should be that you are still employed. Not trying to sound mean, just that they could have just as easily let you go.
Kenny

@superfudd

I think that's the name. I have to drive down there occasionally but yes it does not go to Fremont. Like you said hop the ACE to the San Jose terminal then grab the VTA.

Cheers

AJ

I just discovered that VTA runs a bus from the Fremont BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) to my place of work, or very near. Of course I could take BART from Union City to Fremont, Nah.

Smash: yeah it bites a bit. I have been spoiled the last six years. I drove 23 miles to San Carlos for 15 years. At least now I won't have to mess with a bridge and it's fares.
Indeed it is good that I am still employed. The job I did has been sent to China and I thought I was to be layed off.

Back