3rd Party Locomotives Missing Textures!

PuranB

(RESOLVED) 3rd Party Locomotives Missing Textures!

Got this game for my nephew because it has downloadable Thomas and Friends trains. I downloaded all the trains from this site : https://www.sodorworkshops.com/trainz/trs19-tvs-locomotives.htm. All but 5 are working correctly. Five are missing their textures and appear as so :

JHSBSQ5
JHSBSQ5
https://ibb.co/JHSBSQ5
LY7tk99V

Tried reinstalling (after deleting files) several times but to no avail, please help.

Last edited:
Sorry we can't see this image.

I recommend you contact the content creators on that website. Perhaps someone there can help you.

Welcome to Trainz and the forums.

Sorry we can't see this image.

I recommend you contact the content creators on that website. Perhaps someone there can help you.

Welcome to Trainz and the forums.

You have to paste the url into the search bar. I was wondering if perhaps the issue has to do with something on my end.

Try this:

Open the asset (loco) by right clicking on the asset in Content Manager and select Open > Show in Explorer. This will show the files that make up the asset.
There should be one of more files that finish with ".texture.txt". For example, "somename.texture.txt". These are simple plain text files that identify textures (images) that are used for a material in the model. Just use Notepad to open and look at those files.
Make sure that each image file identified in those texture.txt file exists in the folder. The files may be TGA, BMP, and sometimes PNG or even JPG.

The missing file may just be a spelling issue or something more serious. If the image is completely missing then either you need to obtain a copy, which may be difficult, or replace it with something else.

If the file is missing then come back with the name of the missing file. That may help with a replacement.

p.s. reinstalling the game is unlikely to fix this.

You need to download the dependencies file for those locomotives because they probably have the missing texture files. These files have words like 'dependencies' or 'deps' in them to differentiate them from the file that contains the locomotive. Also, uninstalling and re-installing the game won't fix this.

Try this:

Open the asset (loco) by right clicking on the asset in Content Manager and select Open > Show in Explorer. This will show the files that make up the asset.
There should be one of more files that finish with ".texture.txt". For example, "somename.texture.txt". These are simple plain text files that identify textures (images) that are used for a material in the model. Just use Notepad to open and look at those files.
Make sure that each image file identified in those texture.txt file exists in the folder. The files may be TGA, BMP, and sometimes PNG or even JPG.

The missing file may just be a spelling issue or something more serious. If the image is completely missing then either you need to obtain a copy, which may be difficult, or replace it with something else.

If the file is missing then come back with the name of the missing file. That may help with a replacement.

p.s. reinstalling the game is unlikely to fix this.

Thanks, I looked but everything looks fine. I meant I reinstalled the content, not the whole game.

You need to download the dependencies file for those locomotives because they probably have the missing texture files. These files have words like 'dependencies' or 'deps' in them to differentiate them from the file that contains the locomotive. Also, uninstalling and re-installing the game won't fix this.

I downloaded all associated files / decencies. I meant that I reinstalled the content not the whole game.

Resolved!

The issue is resolved, I had to change the performance setting from "maximum performance" to "maximum compatibility". Thanks for all replies.

Back