What happened here?

truguard

I'm making a fictional prototypical style route based off of Oregon (In my lore, it's former OC&SE/TPR Trackage restored & upgraded by SWSC), and while I'm making the logging branch, this just randomly glitched in.

Any idea on what caused this? or is it just a random glitch? (Pointed out by red arrow)

eeBOmPy_d.webp

Is that a great rift along the baseboard edges?

If so, it's an age-old problem that dates back at least to TRS2004.

Since this isn't flat terrain, you have to fix this using splines pieces

Place short splines perpendicular over the rift and lock them in place like stitches.
Once done, go back and smooth the terrain underneath to bring up the baseboard from the depths.
After that step is complete, use the level terrain and smooth over the rift and everything will be filled in and look okay.

It's worse when this occurs in really hilly or mountainous terrain.

Is that a great rift along the baseboard edges?

If so, it's an age-old problem that dates back at least to TRS2004.

Since this isn't flat terrain, you have to fix this using splines pieces

Place short splines perpendicular over the rift and lock them in place like stitches.
Once done, go back and smooth the terrain underneath to bring up the baseboard from the depths.
After that step is complete, use the level terrain and smooth over the rift and everything will be filled in and look okay.

It's worse when this occurs in really hilly or mountainous terrain.
It is flat terrain, and it's still happening for me.

It is flat terrain, and it's still happening for me.
Right along the baseboard edges where they butt together. As I said, this is an age-old problem. There are thoughts that since the terrain is modified using a height-map that there's a glitch sometimes that causes the program to get lost and interprets the edge of the baseboard as a zero with black being the lowest and white being the highest on a height-map. There's not much we can do about it except fix the problem using the method I outlined above. The good news is this doesn't occur often.

Back