stupid spines/tracks not leting them edit them

I'm sure there's a thread that's said about this but the spines and tracks aren't lettings me straight them out deleting them is there a way to fix it or just make a new route

For track there is a button called "Straighten Track". You can also add spline points if you only want to affect a certain section. There is a similar "Straighten Spline" button for other splines. Are these not working for you?

no i havent really found out how to lock layers
In Surveyor Classic, click on the icon that looks like 3 stacked pizza boxes ;)
Here you'll find both Route and Session layers as well as other layers that maybe in this list..

If you see a route layer with a padlock in the 'Locked' position this means that the route layer is protected. You can click on the padlock to unload the route layer!

I don't know whether it's relevant but on my route there was "Missing Spline" which used to be a row of terraced cottages. I tried to delete it but couldn't until I tried Track and then I deleted it. For some reason it had turned into Track.

I don't know whether it's relevant but on my route there was "Missing Spline" which used to be a row of terraced cottages. I tried to delete it but couldn't until I tried Track and then I deleted it. For some reason it had turned into Track.
If that occurs, open the asset for editing in Content Manager and then submit it if it's third party or from the DLS. That will reset the asset-type. Do the same with track if you can't place track objects.

I reported this to N3V when it first occurred and the QA Team said it's been the most difficult thing to track down, otherwise they'd have fixed it. It has something to do with the database getting glitched.

If that occurs, open the asset for editing in Content Manager and then submit it if it's third party or from the DLS. That will reset the asset-type. Do the same with track if you can't place track objects.

I reported this to N3V when it first occurred and the QA Team said it's been the most difficult thing to track down, otherwise they'd have fixed it. It has something to do with the database getting glitched.

But the funny thing was that not all examples of the terrace were converted to track, just that one. The similar terraces nearby were unaffected.
I know it used to be common maybe 12 years ago when I got the ECML route and virtually all the roads had been turned into track.

But the funny thing was that not all examples of the terrace were converted to track, just that one. The similar terraces nearby were unaffected.
I know it used to be common maybe 12 years ago when I got the ECML route and virtually all the roads had been turned into track.
It could be that that particular asset is corrupted.

Not too long ago, I ran into some grass splines that became roads and I had Carz driving on the grass and I've had grass attach itself to track. I did a DBR and that fixed the problem for all but one asset that I ended up downloading again from the DLS.

When the ECML came out, that was during the transition to the current change where all splines are track. There were some splines that were incorrectly tagged in the config.txt file that caused them to act that way. There was also a bug in TS12 where the default, meaning no tags, meant that the spline was actually tracks. This wreaked havoc on our routes with trains running on fences and grass splines if they happened to attach to the tracks. I had track marks and direction marks attach themselves to tram wires. This caused weird problems that led me to consider replacing the tracks. When I was removing the catenary, I noticed that track marks were moving with the wires. After quitting and reloading without saving, I fiddled with the markers and moved them to the tracks and checked others located throughout the route.

ctrl worked- oh and awhile im here how do i get the hud to come back its not showing whenever i go on drive mode

also there's a cottage spine as like a addon or something?

It's just a cottage spline off the DLS but I think is very old like from TRS 2004 so maybe it doesn't work well with newer versions.
Could you post the asset name and Kuid? I'll take a look at it and see what it does directly from the DLS. It may be just as you say a very old asset.

Could you post the asset name and Kuid? I'll take a look at it and see what it does directly from the DLS. It may be just as you say a very old asset.
allow me to ask something stupid but cant you port it? or or less stupidly remodel and then put those textures on the remodel on it might be time consuming

Back