Trainz Profiler

JackDownUnder

Here is image from the trainz profiler after a CTD occured.

Could anyone comment on the two lines in RED please.

CTD's are a constant problem for me been going on for over one year, ?I am unable to run a session through anymore so I am investigating all avenues.

Here is image from the trainz profiler after a CTD occured.

Could anyone comment on the two lines in RED please.

CTD's are a constant problem for me been going on for over one year, ?I am unable to run a session through anymore so I am investigating all avenues.
Failing Computer Hardware will cause the Crash to Desktop.... Depending on How Old the Hardware is that is in the PC if its more than 5 to 10 years old, its time to build a New PC.. we have said it before in other posts on the Forum.. CTD happen because of a multitude of things that could go wrong or are failing inside a computer that you are unaware of that is happening.. i have seen multiple times where a piece of old computer hardware is to blame... or could be a Virus in the computer that your anti-virus protection allowed in without you knowing (had this happen several years ago before covid hit). As computers age it is best to keep a list of when you bought the computer parts and when they were replaced (this has helped me a ton as i have short term memory loss). computer parts these days are not lasting past 5 years warranty especially in Pre-built or store bought computers... if you need somebody to watch what happens when you load the game just send a PM to me and i will be glad to help..
Cheers.
Retro
p.s. sorry for the long winded response

Already progressed to a brand new desktop PC latest of every thing as I also suspected my old one. I will post its spec when I sit back down to my study.

that 4060 GPU is Plenty Good to run Trainz... Jack your performance issues will be totally gone with this new one. Best of Luck to ya in the long run.
Cheers
Retro

I still have issues so PC not the issue now.
Next investigation relating to these features is in progress.
- Portals, train emit type, beginning to suspect time checking is an issue.
- Track marks, for commands "Drive to" & 'Navigate to"
So far from satisfied.
Please refer my other threads fro some history.

Continuing Saga, a step by step of my efforts to achieve a stable basis for my Route and sesion
- rebooted pc
- performed a dbr
- changed portals to basic at Newcastle
- started session only one drive showing
- repeated previous 4 actions.
- only one drive showing again however different to the one above.
- suddenly realised that I had to selected portals for emit.
- corrected this re ran session and all five installed drivers showed up
- consist did not emit from portal
- thought I would remove a Wait For Time command on one of the Drivers
- immediate CTD
More testing to perform today, I do not want to give up as I have spent over 15 years developing my period (pre WW1 NER) route including a large amount of period rolling stock.
suggestions please

You have something that's corrupted that's causing this. A driver command perhaps, or some other script can do that, and so can an asset that's been downloaded from the DLS or elsewhere. I had a similar issue not long ago and the answer was to scrap my content, after exporting out my own routes and content to CDPs, and started fresh by installing only what I needed for my route initially to get by the missing dependencies and then added content as I needed since. So far, knock on wood, there hasn't been any issues since and so far, I haven't missed anything I had downloaded previously.

The faulty anim.kin file reference is usually due to the actually missing, or is named something else and therefore causes an error. You can check that by opening up the asset for editing in Explorer and check. You can then change the config.txt file accordingly.

This error won't, or should not cause the crash.

Back