long downloading files

Is it just me or files seem to take longer when its 90% done files it just restarts
And is there anyway to speed it up or do i just wait in the mean time awhile I do something in the meantime like drawing or something?

Last edited:
Also check that your antivirus software (if you have one installed) is set to exclude trsxx.exe from its real time scan and, in my experience at least, some VPNs can cause problems when Trainz is downloading assets. Try disabling your VPN (if you have one) before downloading. But not having an FCT can be a real drag on downloads.

Unfortunately, regular downloads are subject to errors on larger assets for some reason. In T:ANE, it would complete the download but then complain that it lost connection. Well, yes it lost connection because the download was done! But if you right-clicked the asset and chose Download again, it would just see it and complete the install. Unfortunately, with TRS19 (and maybe 22? I don't know), something changed, so now the first part is the same, but as you observed, it gets almost done and starts over (gah!). Or, it will finish with the same error as T:ANE, but when you right-click it to start over it will start from scratch.

I believe there is some sort of bug in completing downloads that N3V has never fixed and everyone just wants us to buy FCTs, which I do occasionally, when I have some routes, sessions, or other things that call for multiple large downloads. For $6 USD you get a 30-day and you can do a WHOLE LOT of downloads in that 30 days!

In addition to what's already been mentioned, if you are connected using a slow wireless connection, this can cause multiple retries. Constant retrying can cause really horrible download speeds. This is no different than carrying on a conversation with someone that has a difficult time hearing you. They say "what" and you have to repeat what you said over and over. Like our conversations, eventually the program can timeout causing the download to quit altogether.

In addition to what's already been mentioned, if you are connected using a slow wireless connection, this can cause multiple retries. Constant retrying can cause really horrible download speeds. This is no different than carrying on a conversation with someone that has a difficult time hearing you. They say "what" and you have to repeat what you said over and over. Like our conversations, eventually the program can timeout causing the download to quit altogether.
the Wi-Fi is fairly fast not to slow tbh

Unfortunately, regular downloads are subject to errors on larger assets for some reason. In T:ANE, it would complete the download but then complain that it lost connection. Well, yes it lost connection because the download was done! But if you right-clicked the asset and chose Download again, it would just see it and complete the install. Unfortunately, with TRS19 (and maybe 22? I don't know), something changed, so now the first part is the same, but as you observed, it gets almost done and starts over (gah!). Or, it will finish with the same error as T:ANE, but when you right-click it to start over it will start from scratch.

I believe there is some sort of bug in completing downloads that N3V has never fixed and everyone just wants us to buy FCTs, which I do occasionally, when I have some routes, sessions, or other things that call for multiple large downloads. For $6 USD you get a 30-day and you can do a WHOLE LOT of downloads in that 30 days!
Wasn't there a part where you download a update or game that does the same thing on the switch is it like that? if I'm not wrong but ill consider

Also check that your antivirus software (if you have one installed) is set to exclude trsxx.exe from its real time scan and, in my experience at least, some VPNs can cause problems when Trainz is downloading assets. Try disabling your VPN (if you have one) before downloading. But not having an FCT can be a real drag on downloads.
the antivirus isn't giving me to much trouble so far the only time when it did happen in general was in fangames I believe but again like I said it hasn't given me to much trouble

the antivirus isn't giving me to much trouble so far the only time when it did happen in general was in fangames I believe but again like I said it hasn't given me to much trouble
It won't tell you if it's causing trouble but if it delays things whilst it scans every tiny bit of file downloaded that will cause you problems. Also a wired connection is much faster and more stable than a WiFi connection which can be affected by others near by using WiFi bandwidth when they are looking at youtube etc.

Cheerio John

It won't tell you if it's causing trouble but if it delays things whilst it scans every tiny bit of file downloaded that will cause you problems. Also a wired connection is much faster and more stable than a WiFi connection which can be affected by others near by using WiFi bandwidth when they are looking at youtube etc.

Cheerio John
ah ok thank you

Back