More scenery export issues

There's a link to OneDrive above. Selecting download at the top downloads the .zip file containing the object.

I just opened the blend file. I can only tell you that it is a mix of things.
The poster board itself has 3 materials applied, one leg another and the other leg a different one. However, no part has UV mapping. The FBX file refuses to open.
As for Config.txt, there is a specific spacing on each line, which does not appear ...
I would recommend that you clone an asset similar to what you want to do, and observe the structure of the Config, in addition to the applied textures.
It seems to me that you have rushed a little... which is not good in Blender, and even less so if we add Trainz.
At least that's what I find.

I guess you want something like that...
I joined the three pieces into a single object, with a single material... the one that has a specific name such as xxxxx.m.onetex (in this case, since it is not PBR)
A texture applied, as well as UV mapping and some UV editing to put the name in the center of the sign and the blank legs.
A single texture image connected to Base Color.
After taking practice, it will be time to try PBR materials.
You haven't told us how long you've been doing this, it would be good to know to guide you better...

Only started with TRS19 in around July this year. Got TransDEM up and running not that long after. Took ages to get the gist of it. Haven't gotten the hang of laying track in TRS19 yet. It is so different to TS20xx. It might be the interface of the 'Surveyor'. But it feels basic at first glance at least.

Tried Blender on and off over the last few years. I only know the basics of modeling, hence the bare bones objects. I can't recite hundreds of different shortcuts like some can either. I tend to focus on simplification. IE getting things done as quick as possible, without adding extra layers/fanciness to the finished project.

I've been trying for at least 3 months to get a simple scenery object like the above into TRS19 (now TRS22). I have a minor cognitive deficiency, and would appreciate if someone can break the process down into something that is relatively easy to understand, without omitting essential details, like in some videos.

My intention is to build an Australian route. But mostly with my own assets. I have no interest in the 'parallax' option at the moment. I just want the item to render, and be selectable in the game. @afe_uy I would be interested to find out if you literally did get the nameboard to render in TRSxx, and which magic procedures you went through to enable such. I personally think that is impossible. But wouldn't mind mind being proven wrong in this regard.

Last edited:
Still getting the unable to load mesh file error when attempting to do the impossible. IE get a scenery object into TRS19. I have never once achieved it.

It is just a flat plane with a 1024 x 1024 .tga texture painted on it.

It has the m.onetex shader.

This is the .cfg file:

kuid <KUID2:412192:1001:6>
kind "scenery"
username "SAR704"
description "alignment"
trainz-build 4.6
author "SAR704"
category-class "BR"
category-region "AU"
category-era "1900s;1910s;1920s;1930s;1940s;1950s;1960s;1970s"

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}
mesh-table-lod-transition-distances 500

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "alignment.trainzmesh"
auto-create 1
lod-level 0
}
}

kuid-table
{
}

The rest of the folder only contains a texture, and the thumbnail. Is this impossible?

I would tell you that, like last time, put a link to see the folder, or if you can, a screenshot of the errors or warnings that shows you at least, to see where the issue is coming from... it is difficult without a clue. The Config seems fine.

You are calling the config file ".cfg". It should be config.txt so I hope this isn't a misunderstanding.

The folder should contain:
1. a config.txt file.
2. the mesh file "alignment.trainzmesh".
3. the thumbnail image - i.e. "thumbnail.jpg". It could be called something else. The dimensions should be 240 * 180.
4. your material texture such as "my_image.png". Name not important.
5. a texture.txt file in the form "my_image.texture.txt. If it doesn't exist, Trainz will create it for you.

I note the kuid used suggests this is the 7th version. Is that correct? You should start from <KUID:412192:1001>.

At first glance, the Config .txt has no format (it looks just like you posted a while ago). You must compare it with an existing one, from a similar Asset.
On the left, your Config as it is... on the right the same, with format. (I haven't looked at it in depth)
In a while I'll look at the FBX in Blender to see what I find ...

conf.png

Already in Blender, first:
The poster has 3 materials applied:
stationSign1
stationSign2
stationSign3
Both legs have another material assigned but no UV mapping
StationSign

ble.png

After correcting a couple of minor things, it is displayed correctly in MS's FBX Viewer (although as of February 2024 it must be forced to display fbx) and then exported to Trainz.
To my surprise, the beloved error VE268 appears - it refuses to load the mesh, this has been talked about recently - and I can't find a solution for now, since the mesh is correct.
Even the Config structure is cloned from another Asset of mine that works perfectly, so that is also reliable. I will indicate that it happens in both 19 and 22.
Stuck here for now ...

wan.png

Well, as a test, I made a completely new fresh mesh in Blender resenbling the project, quickly textured it and did the export ...
The result was instantaneous.
As for the VE268 error, I imagine that something could have been hidden in the previous mesh - dragged errors or also when importing external models - since in identical circumstances there were no problems.
SAR704, don't ask me what was wrong with your mesh... because I can't explain it.

EDIT :
Regarding the error:
I don't have the .blend file, so what I did was import the FBX into a new, empty .blend. The issue could come from there too ...

billboard.png

Last edited:
Loading the .blend file ... no difference. The warning now boils down to error VE76: cannot load fbx file. VE268 does not appear now. I can't find an obvious reason, but there is some flaw in the structure.
Summarizing some errors I find (and I have fixed some but it seems there are more):
Many materials: try to use only one.
Lack of UV Mapping: some faces do not have mapping or material assigned.
Disconnected vertices in the middle of some edges.
Scale & Rotation not applied on objects.

I don't consider myself an expert at all. But you are skipping stages that are going to complicate things even more later on.
If I were you, I would practice a little more in modeling and research the techniques to make efficient topographies.
Also understand well how Materials and Textures work, as well as how to apply them.
Regarding Blender, you have to be sure of what you are doing (and I learned it the hard way)
And then introduce you to Trainz. And there, if you're going to pull out the hair on your head ... I still have some left. 😉

Back